SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT;
PROF. LANRE OLU-ADEYEMI IS NOT PART OF THE CASE OF ALLEGED PLACENTA OR BABY BURIED ON PROMISED LAND PROPHETIC MINISTRY ALTAR;
A PRESS STATEMENT ISSUED BY BARR. FEMI EMMANUEL EMODAMORI ON 5THFEBRUARY, 2020.
Being mindful of the need to avoid making statements that may be prejudicial to pending court matters, but equally concerned about the distorted and sometimes completely false press reports linking Prof. Lanre Olu-Adeyemi of Adekunle Ajasin University, to the now notorious case of placenta or baby allegedly buried on the altar of the Promised Land Prophetic Ministries Church in Akure, I am obliged, as Counsel to the renowned University don, to issue this press statement, hoping it would set the records straight, and correct the clearly erroneous and apparently mischievous reports linking my client with the placenta brouhaha.
Consequently, it is expedient to state as follows:
- Prof. Lanre Olu-Adeyemi did not at any time allege, or join any person or group of persons to allege the burial of placenta(s) or baby on the altar of the Promised Land Prophetic Ministries in Akure by Pastor Gbenga Akinbiyi, as wrongly reported by a section of the media. He is also NOT being prosecuted in any court for making such allegations.
- The two counts that relate to my client in Suit No: AK/179C/2019: The State V. (1) Pastor John Abiodun, and (2) Lanre Olu-Adeyemi, pending before Hon. Justice A.O Adegbehingbe, of the Ondo State High Court, Akure Judicial Division, are reproduced below:
“COUNT 1: STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
Conspiracy, punishable under Section 518(2) of the Criminal Code, Cap 37, Vol.1, Laws of Ondo State, 2006.
PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
JOHN ABIODUN and LANRE OLU-ADEYEMI on or about 13/1/2019 at about 0900hrs, at Akure in the Akure Judicial Division conspired to publish life threatening and inciting stories about one Ajidahun Emmanuel Jeminiyi on various social media platforms.
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
PUBLICATION OF FALSE NEWS, punishable under Section 59 of the Criminal Code, Cap 37, Vol.1, Laws of Ondo State, 2006.
PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE.
JOHN ABIODUN and LANRE OLU-ADEYEMI on or about 13/1/2019 at about 0900hrs, at Akure in the Akure Judicial Division did publish on different whatsapp platforms various falsehood against one Ajidahun Emmanuel Jeminiyi.
- From the two counts reproduced verbatim above, it is absolutely clear that the charge against my client has nothing to do with the Promised Land Prophetic Ministries Church, or Pastor Gbenga Akinbiyi who is in charge of the Church, or even the allegation of burial of placenta and baby in the Church’s altar.
- Prof. Lanre Olu-Adeyemi was actually an active member of the C.A.C Promised Land Ministries, until he voluntarily left the Church in March, 2018. It is the same Church that has been renamed Promised Land Prophetic Ministries.
- Whilst he was a member of the Church, my client served as the Administrator of a WhatsApp Platform that was related to the Church and devoted to evangelism as well as spreading of Christian information, to which a large number of both members and non-members of the C.A.C Promised Land Church subscribed.
- It was on that WhatsApp Platform that Pastor Abiodun John, the 1st Defendant in the above charge, and Ajidahun Emmanuel Jeminiyi, the nominal complainant in the case, had altercations and name callings, as a result of which my client removed both men from the WhatsApp group. From the information available to my client, the duo later went to a different WhatsApp Platform, under a different Administrator, to continue their vituperations.
- My client believes that it is for the singular reason that he was the Administrator of one of the WhatsApp Platforms where Pastor Abiodun John and Ajidahun Emmanuel Jeminiyi were at each-others’ necks, that he was dragged into the Court case.
- My client would not want to believe that he is being persecuted simply because he left the Church, long before the placenta or baby burial row started.
FEMI EMMANUEL EMODAMORI