On May 29th, 2015, he was sworn in alongside with other elected political office holders, and then, he took over the mantle of leadership as the Federal Member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia constituency in the Green Chamber of the National Assembly. Despite the challenges he faced, it couldn’t deter him from carrying out his legislative functions and fulfilling his campaign promises to the good people of his constituency.
Judging from the past, one can deduce that he is really moving at a very fast pace in touching lives and building legacy projects which has written his name on the sands of time. He is a core sharer of dividends of democracy. Despite his pedigree, he is ever humble, accommodating, friendly and passionate.
Many have asked, “what has the honourable member achieved so far ?
Well, here is the answer to your inquisitive minds!
1. PROVISION OF CLEAN WATER
* A water project at Ndi Okereke Abam.
* A surface water scheme and treatment plant at Abam still under construction.
* Amuvi water scheme in Arochukwu.
* Ibina Ohafia water scheme.
* Water reticulation at Eziukwu and Mgbaga from Ekeluogo water scheme in Ebem Ohafia.
* Rehabilitation of Ishi Mmiri water scheme at Elu Ohafia.
* Rehabilitation of Abiriba water scheme which has been moribund for over 20 years.
* Borehole at Umuzomgbo, Ihechiowa.
2. ROAD CONSTRUCTION
* Uko Nkole is the man that influenced the return to site of the contractor handling the rehabilitation of the Arochukwu- Ohafia- Abiriba federal road, Beks Kimse Nigeria Limited.
* He is liaising with the relevant agencies like FERMA to ensure that the Bende/Ohafia road is rehabilitated while also ensuring that the necessary appropriation is made available for the project.
3, Given of scholarship to students from primary to tertiary institution in his constituents and there is a bus service in place , which take children to school and back, he has also given out motor bikes to some people in his constituent and the women are not left out who are farmers . fertilizer were given out to boost their farm produce and it was received with joy and prayed for the hon member to deliver more on his election promises.
4, was able to settle a long lingering dispute between two communities about land ownership, which has been on for over 10 years. and both parties were happy he brought a lasting solution to this problem and prayed that more leaders like Hon uko Nkole come from Abia state.