crime
Fresh Plateau Attack Claims Lives Of Five Young People
Fresh Plateau Attack Claims Lives Of Five Young People
Assailants have killed five persons in the Mbar community of the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State in North Central Nigeria.
A press statement issued by the Bokkos Cultural Development Council Vanguard and signed by the Chairman, Farmasum Fuddang, stated that the attack occurred on Sunday night when some youths were in transit within the local government area.
According to the statement, the harmless and unarmed youths were attacked on their way from Mbar town to Koh village along a bypass encircling Yelwa Nono village by fleeing terrorists on motorcycles who were initially repelled by the military from the surrounding mountains.
The group condemned the attack leading to the killing of five innocent young men in the Mbar community despite prior intelligence reports of suspected terrorists’ influx into the area.
“By the time the security forces were informed about the attack and arrived at the scene several minutes later, the terrorists had completed their mission and fled without apprehension. This incident adds to a series of armed attacks in our villages, including the recent murder of eleven youths in Tarangol, Daffo, and Bargesh villages on September 3rd 2024,” the group said.
The group also expressed concerns on continuous unprovoked attacks which are perceived as calculated attempts at evicting the people from their ancestral homes and taking over the land.
“We request to be involved in handling the threats in our land, working in synergy with security forces as is the case with the civilian joint task force in the northeast and northwest regions.
“This is not to undermine or underrate the efforts of the military. However, we understand the logistics and manpower shortages faced by the military, requiring the active participation of local community members who know the terrain and can better assist with intelligence to identify and expose criminal elements in communities,” the group said.
The management of the Bokkos Local Government Council led by the Director of Personnel Management, Christy Loyi, confirmed the incident and visited the families of affected victims with assurances that security would be reinforced in the local government area.
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News1 week agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News2 weeks agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News3 days ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News4 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News4 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity
-
Latest News3 days agoList Of APC Governorship Candidates Who Have Emerged For The 2027 Elections

