Connect with us

Local news

Goodnews As Full Family Survives Gas Explosion In Anambra State

Published

on

fire out
Kindly Share This

The Nation reports that a residential building was on Friday morning gutted by fire at No 5 Abakiliki Road, Awka, Anambra State.

The incident, which occurred around 1.50 am, was caused by cooking gas.

It was gathered that one of the occupants was cooking but slept off.

State Director, Fire Service, Martin Agbili, an engineer, confirmed the incident. He said his men rushed to the scene after receiving a distress call.

He said the roof of the house and its content were burnt but no death was recorded.

He said: At about 0150hrs (1.50 am) of today (Friday), Anambra State Fire Service received a distress call of a fire outbreak in a residential house at No 5 Abakiliki Road behind St Joseph the Worker Catholic Church and the back of Paktonia Hotel, Awka.

“We deployed immediately our firefighters and fire truck and moved in and we have fought the fire to a standstill.

“A family cooking with their cooking gas slept off and left what they were cooking unattended.

“The roof of the house and its content was completely burnt but we saved the building and surrounding buildings.

“The fire is under control now and there was no loss of life.”

Kindly Share This
Dear Reader, Fetching good and credible news information is tedious and requires huge finance. We are soliciting support from our readers and fans. For as low as N1,000  you can be a part of our golden membership. Your support would go a long way in assisting us to continue guaranteeing quality news to our readers across the globe. Bank transfers can be made to: Zenith Bank 1014932118 Ireporteronline communications Inquiries: Email: [email protected] Whatsapp: +234 7032341798 FOR BUSSINESS ADVERT CLICK THE WHATSAPP IMAGE BELOW
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Advertisement

Trending