Igboho Reveals Why He Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police Invitation  - IReporteronline
Connect with us
                               

Latest News

Igboho Reveals Why He Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police Invitation 

Published

on

Kindly Share This

Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho has explained why he did not accept an invitation by the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu.

In a press statement issued by Igboho’s media aide, Olayomi Koiki, a letter was sent on Thursday to his boss via a courier service and another with about 15 police officers.

Olayomi explained that both were not received by Igboho’s security operatives due to safety reasons as such a letter had purportedly led to the death of Nigerian journalist, Dele Giwa.

The statement read, “We would like to tell the international communities and every Nigerian that this morning 1st of April, 2021, a letter was sent via DHL to Chief Sunday Igboho but the letter was not received by his security operatives.

“Later around 3 pm of the same day, a team of about 6 men without uniform arrived in a Corolla car and another 9 were in police uniform but all were identified as police officers.

“They wanted to see Chief Sunday Igboho with a letter said to have been addressed to him by the Inspector General of Police. Again, the letter was not received by Chief Sunday’s security team.

“Chief Sunday would like to know why a letter was sent to him and for what purpose. If the IG of police wants to invite him, we would like him to first send the same letter to all the bandits and Boko Haram members killing our mother’s and farmers and those kidnapping them.

“Since the IG of police wants to invite him, he should make a public statement addressed to Chief Sunday Igboho.

“We should all remember how letters had been sent to previous Yoruba sons like the late Dele Giwa.”

A team reportedly comprising policemen, soldiers and others had in February attempted to arrest Igboho on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

The security operatives, however, failed in their attempt to arrest him.

Kindly Share This
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Group Decries Extra-Judicial Killing Of Fulani

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

A coalition of Fulani youth groups has called on the federal and state governments to ensure a halt to what they described as “the extra-judicial killings of Fulani in the country” by those opposed to the existence of the race.

The coalition in a communiqué after a press conference, Tuesday, in Abuja said they would not sit and watch their people labeled as miscreants and killing them like fouls in their own country.

The coalition under the aegis of Fulbe Umminobe Sukabe Development Association of Nigeria (FUSADAN) dissociated themselves from the group that reached an agreement with state governors over the recent crisis in parts of the South west.

Speaking on behalf of the group, the leader of FUSADAN, Comrade Mohammad Ardo, said of all the tribes in Nigeria, non is as law abiding as the Fulani, insisting that the stock have benefited the least from the Nigerian government.

He said the Fulani nation is fed up with being described as criminals whenever security challenges occur in the country.

“Of all the tribes in Nigeria, none is as law abiding as the Fulani but the Fulani have not benefited in any way from the Nigerian government; no schools, no place to graze, no electricity, water etc. This accusation of criminality must stop.

“Miyetti Allah is a Fulani group but they are not delivering their responsibilities, which is why the Fulani youths have gathered themselves to take a stand because they are not delivering what we want.

“A meeting was held recently in the South-west where some Fulani organisation signed and accepted an agreement that grazing should be stopped. If it was a real Fulani organisation, they wouldn’t have accepted because if the government wants us to stop, they must provide certain things for the Fulani because we have had grazing reserves before independence.

“Fulani are fully Nigerians and they have the right to travel, live and graze anywhere in Nigeria as enshrined in the Constitution of the country. Any newspaper, magazine, journal or any other news channel that uses the name ‘Fulani’ to qualify any crime or criminal should be ready to meet our lawyers in court. We say emphatically that, enough is enough of these senseless killings of innocent Fulani and their herds across the South-West and South-east states of the country.”

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

COVID-19: Nigeria Records 74 Fresh Cases

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, has confirmed 74 fresh cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in 8 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

The agency made the announcement on Tuesday night via a tweet on its verified Twitter handle.

NCDC also discharged 48 patients who have been successfully treated against the virus.

No death was recorded in the last 24 hours.

So far, the country has registered about 163,911 positive cases of COVID-19 with 2,061 fatalities while no fewer than 154,225 have recovered from the virus.

The tweet reads: “74 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria;

Lagos-30
Enugu-11
FCT-11
Akwa Ibom-8
Osun-5
Kaduna-4
Ebonyi-2
Rivers-2
Ekiti-1

163,911 confirmed
154,225 discharged
2,061 deaths

“Our discharges today includes 21 community recoveries in Akwa Ibom State managed in line with guidelines”.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

Okorocha Speaks On His EFCC Arrest

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

A former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has insisted he was merely invited and not arrested by the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Tuesday.

EFCC Head of Media, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed Okorocha was picked up from his private office.

However, Okorocha in a statement signed by his spokesman, Sam Onwuemeodo, stated that the EFCC facility is not “a slaughterhouse” and was only investigating his activities while he was Governor, following several petitions written against him.

The statement read, “We have been inundated with calls by media houses and concerned Nigerians and beyond, trying to confirm the reported invitation of Senator Rochas Okorocha by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, later today, being April 13, 2021.

“The truth is that Okorocha left as the governor of Imo State on May 28, 2019. And shortly after his exit as governor, Imo State Government wrote petitions upon petitions against him.

“The EFCC investigated the petitions and has been in various courts of the land with Okorocha to that effect.

“And if the EFCC has decided to invite Okorocha for clarifications on the matters already in courts, especially with a new Chairman at the helm of affairs at the Commission, there is nothing wrong with that.

“The matters between EFCC and Okorocha over his governorship in Imo have been pendent in various courts of the land.

“At the end of the day, we would know whether the Commission will be withdrawing the cases in courts, or would continue with the cases already in courts.

“But to us, the Commission is doing its job and should be given the needed cooperation. And Okorocha being a law-abiding citizen, would always cooperate with the Commission over the matters in courts. EFCC is not a slaughterhouse, but a very responsible institution and should be seen as such.

“We have no reason to complain about the invitation of today, which Okorocha honoured as a patriotic and responsible Nigerian.

“As we stated earlier, the Commission didn’t invite Okorocha today, for the first time.”

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending