Connect with us

Latest News

See The Countries Where All Military Chiefs Sacked By Buhari Were Posted To As Ambassadors

Published

on

Kindly Share This

The Nigerian government has deployed all former service chiefs to different countries as Ambassador.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama had earlier in a statement announced former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusufu Buratai (retd.) and former Defence Chief, Gen. Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin as Ambassadors to Benin Republic and Cameroon respectively.

The Minister’s statement was however silent on the posting of the other former service chiefs – Vice Admiral Ibok- Ette Ibas (retd.); former Chief of Naval Staff, Air Vice Marshal Sadique Abubakar (retd.), ex-Chief of Air Staff and and Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Usman (retd.), former Chief of Defence Intelligence.

In an interview with SaharaReporters on Friday, a source said Abubakar was posted to Chad while Ibas was posted to Ghana.

Former CDI, Usman was also deployed by Buhari to Niger Republic.

Buhari had sacked all the former service chiefs on January 26.

The President subsequently announced the nomination of the immediate past service chiefs on February 4 as non-career ambassadors, a decision which was greeted with widespread condemnation.

The decision was condemned by most Nigerians who believed that the former service chiefs should be probed particularly on the controversial $1 billion arms fund released between 2018 and 2019.

Nigerians also said Buratai, and his colleagues must appear before the International Criminal Court, The Hague, Netherlands, to answer for several massacres in the country under their watch with the most recent being October 2020 Lekki shooting, where a disputable number of civilian protesters were killed and injured.

They also noted that the former Chief of Army Staff and possibly others must be probed for what has become known as the Zaria massacre, which was carried out by the Nigerian Army in Zaria, Kaduna State, on December 12, 2015, against Shia Muslims, mostly members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

 

At least 348 civilians were reportedly killed, with 347 bodies allegedly secretly buried by the army in a mass grave.

 

The Kaduna State government had in April 2016 said 347 corpses were given a mass burial at the Mando cemetery after what they claimed was a clash between soldiers and members of the Shiite’s sect in the state.

 

The then Secretary to the Kaduna State Government, Mallam Balarabe Lawal, who said this when he appeared before a Judicial Commission of Inquiry, added that the corpses were given a mass burial in a grave on December 14, 2015 in a cemetery along Mando/ Zaria Road.

 

According to the SSG, a total of 191 unknown corpses were recovered from the Army Depot in Zaria and another batch of 156 corpses were recovered from the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Shika.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama had earlier in a statement announced former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusufu Buratai (retd.) and former Defence Chief, Gen. Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin as Ambassadors to Benin Republic and Cameroon respectively.

The Minister’s statement was however silent on the posting of the other former service chiefs – Vice Admiral Ibok- Ette Ibas (retd.); former Chief of Naval Staff, Air Vice Marshal Sadique Abubakar (retd.), ex-Chief of Air Staff and and Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Usman (retd.), former Chief of Defence Intelligence.

In an interview with SaharaReporters on Friday, a source said Abubakar was posted to Chad while Ibas was posted to Ghana.
Former CDI, Usman was also deployed by Buhari to Niger Republic.
Buhari had sacked all the former service chiefs on January 26.

The President subsequently announced the nomination of the immediate past service chiefs on February 4 as non-career ambassadors, a decision which was greeted with widespread condemnation.

The decision was condemned by most Nigerians who believed that the former service chiefs should be probed particularly on the controversial $1 billion arms fund released between 2018 and 2019.

Nigerians also said Buratai, and his colleagues must appear before the International Criminal Court, The Hague, Netherlands, to answer for several massacres in the country under their watch with the most recent being October 2020 Lekki shooting, where a disputable number of civilian protesters were killed and injured.

They also noted that the former Chief of Army Staff and possibly others must be probed for what has become known as the Zaria massacre, which was carried out by the Nigerian Army in Zaria, Kaduna State, on December 12, 2015, against Shia Muslims, mostly members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

At least 348 civilians were reportedly killed, with 347 bodies allegedly secretly buried by the army in a mass grave.

The Kaduna State government had in April 2016 said 347 corpses were given a mass burial at the Mando cemetery after what they claimed was a clash between soldiers and members of the Shiite’s sect in the state.

The then Secretary to the Kaduna State Government, Mallam Balarabe Lawal, who said this when he appeared before a Judicial Commission of Inquiry, added that the corpses were given a mass burial in a grave on December 14, 2015 in a cemetery along Mando/ Zaria Road.

According to the SSG, a total of 191 unknown corpses were recovered from the Army Depot in Zaria and another batch of 156 corpses were recovered from the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Shika.

Kindly Share This
FOR BUSSINESS ADVERT CLICK THE WHATSAPP IMAGE BELOW
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Trending