Twelve Military Officers Killed By Bandits In Benue Laid To Rest (photos) - IReporteronline
Connect with us
                               

crime

Twelve Military Officers Killed By Bandits In Benue Laid To Rest (photos)

Published

on

Kindly Share This

The remains of Captain Adeolu Adedayo and eleven other soldiers killed by bandits in Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State last week have been laid to rest.

 

The remains of the gallant military officers were buried at the military cemetery in Wurukum, Makurdi, the Benue state capital today April 12.

.

At the different funeral service offered by the Chaplain of Protestant 401 Special Forces Brigade, Major Ibrahim Mavisky, and the Imam of the same Brigade, Captain Aliyu Bashir, the fallen heroes were described as peacemakers as tributes flowed freely. The general salute was given to the fallen heroes with 21 gunshots and the presentation of military attires and the national flag to the next of kin of the deceased soldiers and officers.

 

In attendance were the Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom and a host of government officials.

 

The soldiers were killed on April 6, 2021, by bandits while on a routine operational task to maintain peace in the troubled region of Konshisha and Oju Local Government Areas of the state.

 

Twelve military officers killed by bandits in Benue laid to rest (photos)Twelve military officers killed by bandits in Benue laid to rest (photos)Twelve military officers killed by bandits in Benue laid to rest (photos)Twelve military officers killed by bandits in Benue laid to rest (photos)Twelve military officers killed by bandits in Benue laid to rest (photos)

Kindly Share This
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

crime

Breaking: Police, Vigilante Rescue 13 Kidnap Victims In Edo

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

Thirteen kidnap victims have been rescued from a kidnapper’s den in the notorious Ahor axis of Benin bypass road, in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo State.

The rescue operation which took place on Saturday was carried out by a combined team of men and officers of the State Police Command, local hunters and members of the Edo State Vigilante Security Network.

It was gathered that the victims were made up of two separate teams that were kidnapped on Thursday, with one set travelling from Lagos to Akwa Ibom state, and the other comprising persons travelling from Lagos to Onitsha, Anambra state.

The State Commissioner of Police, Philip Ogbadu, while addressing journalists after the operation, said the Command deployed drones and were assisted by hunters and members of the Vigilante Security Network, set up by the state government.

He disclosed that the rescued victims have been taken to Magnus Eweka Police Cottage Hospital for thorough medical examinations before they would be handed over to the state government to assist them to proceed to their destinations.

According to him, “We used information provided to track the kidnappers. We took the courage to enter the forest. This is how we would proceed with the operations going forward.”

Ogbadu, who reassured that the Command would not relent in its quest to rid the state of kidnappers, added that the security operatives would henceforth carry out regular patrols and mount checkpoints along the road.

He, however, urged residents in communities along Ahor-Auchi road to provide relevant information about the activities of kidnappers to the authorities.

“We are going to carry out general combing of the area so that we can identify their camps.

“So far, we have identified up to 7 camps and we will make these camps visiting points so that they will not be able to come back.

“We are going to seek more information from these communities as these kidnappers come to the road to buy food and they interact with the people,” he said.

On his part, the Coordinator of the Edo State Community Vigilante Security Network, Mr Yusuf Haruna, said the success of the operation was a testament to what the state government was doing with the new security architecture in identifying and understanding behaviours of crime and criminality in the state.

“Crime is local, so we localised our architecture. We have chased the criminal elements away from the city to the suburbs and we are taking the war to them in the suburbs as well,” he added.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

crime

Shocking: Mother Arrested And Investigated Over The Locking Her Baby In Wardrobe

Published

on

Kindly Share This

A mother in Russia is under investigation for attempted murder after she allegedly locked her emaciated ‘unwanted’ baby inside a wardrobe.

 

Mother being investigated for attempted murder after locking her emaciated

There were fears for the baby Polina’s life when she was discovered starving and haggard.

 

The baby’s 13-year-old brother Matvey secretly went against their mother, Yulia Zykova, 38, to feed her, if not the baby won’t have been found alive.

 

When Polina was five months old she was found hidden in a duffle bag inside a wardrobe by a family friend.

 

Mother being investigated for attempted murder after locking her emaciated

The baby girl’s pictures caused shock around the country and prosecutors wondered if the mum was psychologically okay.

Zykova has since been declared ‘sane’ after psychiatric evaluation and is now under investigation for ‘attempted murder’ and ‘cruelty’. She is facing up to 15 years in jail if convicted.

 

Polina is said to have now fully recovered from the ordeal in time for her first birthday, and is set to be put up for adoption.

 

Mother being investigated for attempted murder after locking her emaciated

When the news first broke in Russia,  Zykova’s estranged husband failed a lie detector test on a TV show when asked if he had raped Zykova leading to an unwanted pregnancy as initial reports said the mother had neglected an ‘unwanted baby’.

 

Mother being investigated for attempted murder after locking her emaciated

A TV show host confronted Yulia’s estranged husband Andrey Zykov, 39, and subjected him to a lie detector test, over media allegations that he raped his wife after leaving her for another woman.

This led to the unwanted pregnancy, according to Channel One TV show ‘Na Samom Dele’ or ‘Actually’.

Asked whether he raped his estranged wife after a row, he first told TV viewers: ‘Yes, that’s true.’

Then he said: ‘No, it was not rape. I did not understand your question.’

He voluntarily underwent a polygraph test on TV, and was asked again if he raped his wife leading to the unwanted child.

He replied: ‘No,’, but the polygraph operator said: ‘It’s a lie.’

Matvey, another child of the couple also told the same TV show that their mother had not told him that the baby was his sister, but said Polina was a friend’s baby.

He then revealed he had to feef her with baby mix and sometimes milk, despite his mother ordering him not to speak about the child or feed the child,  he said.

Latest pictures shared by Polina’s carer Ekaterina shows she has regained weight and reports say she has now marked her first birthday in a state orphanage in Russian city Yekaterinburg.

 

Ekaterina said Polina now plays with other children, adding: ‘She is inquisitive, cheerful, almost does not cry.’

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

crime

Two Men Arrested For Beating Up A Man To Death In Warri

Published

on

Kindly Share This

The Delta State Police Command has arrested two men for allegedly beating a man to death over N3000 and phone theft.

 

Spokesperson of the command, DSP Bright Edafe, who disclosed this in a statement on Friday, May 7, said the suspects, Efe Lucky and Ramson Akpojibu, were arrested in Warri.

 

Edafe said the suspects confessed that they, along with three other persons beat the victim identified simply as Christian, to death over allegation of stealing their three thousand naira (N3,000.00) and phones.

 

“On the 3/5/2021 at about 1430hrs, information was received from a distress call that a good Samaritan reported that one Efe Lucky and Ramson Akpojibu both ‘m’ of Ughoton community Okpe LGA brought a patient Christian ‘m’ Surname unknown, to Moving Star Clinic Warri, as soon he was certified dead,” he stated.

 

“The duo with bloodstains on their clothes was about to abscond. The DPO Orerokpe Division deployed a detective to the clinic, the corpse was viewed and signs of violence were seen on the body of the deceased. The corpse was photographed and deposited at Orerokpe General Hospital mortuary.

 

“The police arrested the two suspects Efe Lucky ‘m’ and Ramson Akpojibu ‘m’, and the premises of the suspects were searched, blood stained cutlass, hammer and blood soaked towel were recovered.

 

“They confessed that they were five in number the beat up the deceased to death over allegation of stealing their three thousand naira (N3,000.00) and phones. Effort is on to arrest the three other suspects.”

 

The spokesperson said that the State Police Commissioner has ordered that the case be transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending