So Sad:Boy Dies From Allergic Reaction To Smell Of Fish On New Year’s Day.


A New Jersey schoolboy died from a suspected allergic reaction to the smell of fish being cooked by his granny.  Camron Jean-Pierre gave dad Steven two kisses after falling ill at the family home in New York as the desperate parent tried to save his son on New Year’s Day.

Fighting back tears Steven said the pair had traveled from New Jersey to Brooklyn to spend the day with Camron’s grandma, who was said to have been cooking cod.

The smell is said to have quickly overwhelmed the youngster and his family tried to revive him using his portable nebulizer.

Camron is understood to have used the machine for his asthma and was known to have an allergy to fish, The Daily Newsreports.

Steven said: ‘It just so happens they was cooking it when we came in. We knew he had an allergy but usually he don’t get nothing that severe.

‘I [tried] to give him the machine — that usually works — but it didn’t take, and then I just called the ambulance.

‘He told me, “Daddy, I love you. I love you.” He gave me two kisses. He kept telling me, “I’m not able to breathe.”

Steven carried out CPR on his son before Camron was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center but medics were unable to save him.

He told The New York Post: ‘That was my prince, man. He was my everything.’

Neighbours said Camron was a ‘very respectful child’, calling his death ‘shocking’.

The Medical Examiner will determine his official cause of death but police have said he had some type of reaction to the seafood.

Leave a Reply


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here