Latest News
CD, CNCRA Withdraw From Nationwide Protest In Ondo
CD, CNCRA Withdraw From Nationwide Protest In Ondo
Ahead of the planned August 1 protest in Nigeria, the Campaign for Democracy, CD, and Conference of Nigeria Civil Rights Activists, CNCRA, in Ondo State have pulled out of the action.
The non-governmental organisations emphasised that their resolve not to be part of the protest tagged ‘End Bad Governance’ was hinged on the facelessness of those behind the protest.
While addressing newsmen at the weekend over the development in Akure, the state capital, Nester Taiwo, who is the Chairman of the Campaign for Democracy in Ondo State, and his CNCRA counterpart, Raphael Dada, advised that the protest should be cancelled considering the security reports that it may be hijacked.
The civil society organisations that lauded President Bola Tinubu on ongoing reforms in the country embarked upon in the last 14 months revealed that the president is currently being engaged over the economic hardship in the country.
The groups said: “We strongly advise that the protesters should sheath their sword and give peace a chance, as we are persuaded that there cannot be a peaceful demonstration that can avoid the risk of being hijacked by unsuspecting hoodlums and miscreants, which may lead to avoidable loss of lives and properties.
“It is not in our practice to engage the establishment in protest without due consultation and dialogue with the government. This is ongoing with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu through the Minister of Interior, Hon. Olubunnmi Tunji Ojo.
“The organisers of the protest did not put us in confidence; we are not part of the planning and thinking. And therefore, they cannot enjoy our support and participation.”
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News6 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News3 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News1 day ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News2 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

