Latest News
Federal Government Successfully Evacuates Willing Nigerians From Sudan, Says NiDCOM
Nigerians in the Diaspora Commission, NiDCOM, say the Federal Government has evacuated its citizens in Sudan willing to return home following the two-week expulsion notice Sudanese authorities issued to foreigners.
The Chief Executive Officer, NiDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa made this known on Friday in Abuja.
Ireporteronline had earlier reported that Sudanese security authorities ordered all foreigners to leave the capital Khartoum and the surrounding region.
They gave the foreigners two weeks to do so, according to a statement from the section of the police dealing with foreigners.
The police said foreigners should leave for their own safety amid the fighting still raging between government troops and the Rapid Support Forces, RSF, militia.
According to media reports, hostility towards foreigners, especially those from other African countries, has been on the rise following reports of foreign mercenaries in the RSF ranks.
A few days ago, more than 150 foreigners who did not have valid residence papers were detained.
A bloody power struggle has been raging in Sudan for over a year between de facto ruler Abdel Fattah al-Burhan and his former Deputy, Mohammed Hamdan Daglo.
The UN reports that the conflict has caused almost 10 million people to flee their homes, with risks of famine rife in the country.
Dabiri-Erewa said the war in Sudan had escalated and no one was left behind.
International aid organisation staff and diplomats still in the country left Khartoum after the outbreak of fighting and are now working from Port Sudan, where the situation is comparatively stable.
-
Latest News1 week agoTinubu Summons 76 Osun APC Leaders Over Ribadu’s Explosive Intelligence Report
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Picks Gbajabiamila, Soludo, Zulum, Others For Canada Investment Mission
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Approves Fresh Civil Service Recruitment Exercise
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Launches ₦216bn Osun–Oyo Road Projects
-
Latest News1 week agoArmy Orders Abuja Residents To Vacate Homes Over Security Threat
-
Latest News1 week agoOkpebholo Sacks SUBEB Chairman, Names Immediate Replacement
-
Latest News6 days agoTinubu Approves New Ports Regulator For Nigeria
-
Latest News2 weeks agoEFCC Moves To Take Over Abubakar Malami-Linked Properties
-
Latest News2 days agoINEC Makes Fresh Announcement After Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Election
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Announces Rescue Of 308 Kidnap Victims In Massive Security Operation
-
Latest News2 weeks agoWAEC Releases 2026 WASSCE Results, Candidates Can Now Check Scores
-
Latest News6 days agoEdo Gov Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry — Full List
