Sports
Osimhen Breaks Silence After World Cup Miss
Osimhen Breaks Silence After World Cup Miss
Striker Victor Osimhen says he is disappointed and left dumbfounded after the Super Eagles failed to book a ticket for the Qatar 2022 World Cup later this year.
The Eagles needed a win against Ghana to qualify for the World Cup after playing a goalless draw at the Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi last Friday, but they could only manage a 1-1 draw, which saw the Black Stars qualify for the global football showpiece on the away goal rule.
With the score at 1-1, Osimhen thought he had given the Eagles the lead just before the halftime, but his effort was ruled out by the Video Assistant Referee.
Read Also BREAKING: Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser
Osimhen told PUNCH Sports Extra: “It was very disappointing; I don’t even know what to say. We all did our best but it was not enough on that day. It is sad because the next World Cup is years away and we have to sit this one out”.
The 23-year-old Napoli striker, who was one of the few impressive Nigerian players on the pitch, added that he was delighted with the support of the fans.
“I was impressed with the fans that came out; I have never seen that kind of support in Nigeria.”
The disappointing result also led to fans invading the stadium and vandalising some sections of the field as well as destroying the glass in the technical area.
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DdBOorlQD6wE9BhmOAon3c
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News6 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News2 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News1 day ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News1 day agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

