Politics
PDP Consensus: Aide Speaks On Saraki, Others Stepping Down For Atiku
PDP Consensus: Aide Speaks On Saraki, Others Stepping Down For Atiku
The campaign council of Senator Bukola Saraki, on Wednesday, described as untrue reports that he and some other aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party for the 2023 elections have stepped down for former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
An online newspaper had, on Monday, March 29, 2022, reported that Saraki, Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State and his counterpart in Bauchi, Bala Mohammed, have stepped down for Atiku.
But the Director-General of the Saraki Campaign Council, Osaro Onaiwu, in a statement, dismissed the report as “sheer mischief, and planted by those who want to gain the PDP presidential ticket by deceit.”
Read Also Life Is Near Worthless Under APC, Buhari – PDP Reacts To Kaduna Train Attack
He said, “Our attention has been called to an online Newspaper that our candidate alongside their Excellencies Governors Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto and Bala Mohammed of Bauchi States have stepped down for former Vice President Atiku Abubakar for the PDP presidential ticket.
“The report is sheer mischief and planted by those who want to gain the PDP ticket by deceit. For clarity purposes, our candidate and three other aspirants met with Vice President Atiku on Monday with the sole objective to inform him of their push towards a consensus candidate for the party.
“At that meeting, there was no talk of any of the aspirants stepping down as it is yet premature. To, therefore, find a planted story smacks of desperation and ill-intention.
“For the avoidance of doubt, our candidate is eminently qualified for the PDP presidential ticket as a former two-term governor, chairman of the Governors Forum, the most engaging and result-oriented Senate President and a former presidential aspirant.
“Also, Governor Aminu Tambuwal as former Speaker of the House of Representatives and a serving two-term governor is also qualified to be considered for the ticket.
“Last but not least is Governor Bala Mohammed, a former senator, ex-minister and a serving governor is qualified for the ticket. So, let no other aspirant hide under some nebulous assumption that he is overly qualified than others to be stepped down for.
“When and if there is a concrete agreement on a winning consensus and others step down for whoever, it will be done openly, but until then, Senator Bukola Saraki, Tambuwal and Mohammed are still in the race.”
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DdBOorlQD6wE9BhmOAon3c
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News6 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News2 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News1 day ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News1 day agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

