Latest News
Statement On Peter Obi Not From Adebanjo – Afenifere Makes Clarification
Statement On Peter Obi Not From Adebanjo – Afenifere Makes Clarification
The pan Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, has urged Nigerians to disregard information from any social media account claiming to belong to its leader, Pa Ayo Adebanjo.
The National Publicity Secretary of the group, Jare Ajayi, said in a statement on Sunday that the Twitter account which some electronic and online media quoted from did not belong to Adebanjo or any of the Afenifere leaders.
Ajayi said, “It is hereby being clearly stated that Chief Adebanjo has no social media account of any sort, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
“Whenever he has anything to say to the public, he does so directly by addressing the press, through an interview or a Press Statement. He also addresses the public through the Secretary General or the National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere.”
Read Also BSU Female University Student Leaks Own S3x Tape (VIDEO)
The statement added that the social media account was created by mischievous persons for nefarious objectives as could be gleaned from one of the posts purporting to explain why Adebanjo is supporting Mr. Peter Obi in the forthcoming presidential election in 2023 instead of Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, a Yoruba man.
Ajayi quoted Adebanjo as saying that his support for Peter Obi is “more fundamental and constitutional than the reason being purported in the spurious social media account” under reference.
“In view of the fact that Adebanjo usually speaks directly with the press, both print and electronic, any information purporting to have emanated from the said ‘social media account’ should be totally disregarded because he has no such account in any form or manner,” Ajayi added.
It would be recalled that some prominent electronic media quoted from the said Twitter handle some statements purported to have emanated from the Afenifere leader. Some mainstream media too followed suit.
He said, “Since the elder statesman does not have any social media account, whatever is found in the Twitter account could not be said to have come from him. He has no such accounts as he speaks directly to the media or causes his views to be channeled to the public via the organisation’s Secretary General or the national publicity secretary.
“The media and members of the public are hereby enjoined to disregard any statement purported to have been sourced from Pa Adebanjo’s social media account because he has none.”
Get The News When It Drops By Joining Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News1 week agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News2 weeks agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News4 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News3 days ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News4 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News3 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity
-
Latest News2 days agoList Of APC Governorship Candidates Who Have Emerged For The 2027 Elections

