Latest News
What Buhari Said After Inspecting Kuje Prison
What Buhari Said After Inspecting Kuje Prison
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is disappointed with the intelligence system and utilisation at the Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kuje in Abuja.
He said this on Wednesday while speaking to journalists during his visit to the correctional facility which came under attack by terrorists last night.
“I am disappointed with the intelligence system,” President Buhari was quoted as saying in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu. “How can terrorists organise, have weapons, attack a security installation and get away with it?”
Read Also ISWAP Celebrate During Attack On Kuje Prison In Abuja (VIDEO)
Soon after he arrived at the facility, the President was briefed about the attack by the Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Interior, Dr Shuaib Belgore, and the Controller General of Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), Haliru Nababa.
President Muhammadu Buhari gets a brief on the attack on the Kuje Correctional Centre in Abuja during his visit to the facility on July 6, 2022.
Both men showed President Buhari the bombed-out section and the records office, which was set on fire, adding that the invaders thereafter launched an attack on all cells in which Boko Haram terrorists were held.
He was also apprised that, at the end of the attack, none of the 63 terrorists were accounted for, but the records were not lost because they had been backed up.
The President was also informed that the security forces have recaptured 350 of the escapees while about 450 others were still unaccounted for, and that rapid work was underway to recapture them.

A photo taken on July 6, 2022, shows President Muhammadu Buhari at the Kuje Correctional Centre in Abuja hours after the facility was attacked by gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists.
According to Shehu, President Buhari, like most Nigerians, was shocked by both the scale and audacity of the attack.
“How did the defences at the prison fail to prevent the attack?” the President queried. “How many inmates were in the facility? How many of them can you account for?
“How many personnel did you have on duty? How many of them were armed? Were there guards on the watchtower? What did they do? Does the CCTV work?”
The President, accompanied by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, and his Chief of Staff, Professor Ibrahim Gambari, said he was expecting “a comprehensive report” on the incident at the end of the visit.
See more photos of the President’s visit to the facility below:
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DdBOorlQD6wE9BhmOAon3c
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News6 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News2 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News2 weeks agoBREAKING: Prominent Lagos Monarch Passes Away
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News17 hours ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News1 day agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election








