Connect with us

Latest News

LCC Postpones Resumption Of Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge

Published

on

LCC Postpones Resumption Of Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge
Kindly Share This

LCC Postpones Resumption Of Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge

LCC Postpones Resumption Of Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge

The Lekki Concession Company Limited, the operators of the Ikoyi Link Bridge and the Admiralty Circle Plaza, has postponed the resumption of tolling at the Ikoyi Link Bridge.

LCC Managing Director, Yomi Omomuwasan, announced the postponement in a statement on Friday night, adding that a new resumption date would be announced.

The postponement followed several protests by Lekki residents under the aegis of the Lekki Estates Residents & Stakeholders Association who rejected the resumption of tolling at the bridge which was scheduled to begin on April 16th, 2022.

But Omomuwasan, in a statement on Friday, said the company decided to delay the resumption of toll collection for further consultations with key stakeholders in the Eti-Osa, Lekki area, in a bid to address their concerns and arrive at a mutually favourable resolution of all issues.

Read Also See What Olu Of Warri Said About Tinubu That Is Generating Endless Debate On Social Media

The statement was titled, ‘LCC Shift Resumption Date Of Toll Collection At The Ikoyi Link Bridge Toll Plaza. New Date To Be Announced Soon’.

“As a responsible organization, we must take full cognizance of everyone within the axis. Therefore, we want to continue with the ongoing engagements with our stakeholders.

“The preparatory operations to resume tolling on the Bridge have been smooth so far, and we are grateful to all the key stakeholders for their cooperation. The planned commencement of toll collection has now been postponed, allowing more of our customers to register for the electronic toll devices to enable seamless passages at the toll plaza,” he said.

The two toll gates were epicentres of the nationwide EndSARS protests against police brutality and extrajudicial killings in October 2020 when soldiers allegedly shot harmless protesters dead and allegedly injured scores of other young demonstrators.

Kindly Share This
Dear Reader, Fetching good and credible news information is tedious and requires huge finance. We are soliciting support from our readers and fans. For as low as N1,000  you can be a part of our golden membership. Your support would go a long way in assisting us to continue guaranteeing quality news to our readers across the globe. Bank transfers can be made to: Zenith Bank 1014932118 Ireporteronline communications Inquiries: Email: [email protected] Whatsapp: +234 7032341798 FOR BUSSINESS ADVERT CLICK THE WHATSAPP IMAGE BELOW
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Advertisement

Trending