Latest News
Nigerian Prison Spokesman Reacts To Reports On Abba Kyari’s Escape
Nigerian Prison Spokesman Reacts To Reports On Abba Kyari’s Escape
The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) says Abba Kyari, suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police, is still in custody.
Kyari, who is currently under investigation for alleged drug trafficking, had been sent to Kuje prison.
There have been concerns about Kyari’s whereabouts since the prison where he is being kept was invaded on Tuesday night.
It was earlier reported how gunmen broke into the facility and released some of the inmates, including Boko Haram suspects and bandits.
There were unconfirmed reports that Kyari and some VIP prisoners fled during the commotion.
Read Also Buhari Visits Kuje Prison Hours After Attack (PHOTOS)
But in an update on the situation, Umar Abubakar, NCoS spokesman, said Kyari was in custody.
“A total of 879 inmates escaped from the facility during the unfortunate attack. As at the time of this report, 443 have been recaptured, 551 inmates are currently in custody, 443 inmates are still at large, 4 inmates dead and 16 inmates sustained various degree of injuries and are being treated at the moment. However, efforts are ongoing to recapture all fleeing inmates.
“The Service will deploy its Corrections Information Management System (CIMS) in synergy with National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to track all fleeing inmates and return them to custody. This is also to
confirms to the general public that DCP Abba Kyari and other VIPs held in the facility did not escape. They are presently in custody, hale and hearty.
“Recall that after the attack at the Medium Custodial Centre in Agbolongo, Oyo state, the Honourable Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, met with the heads of the security agencies under his supervision where the idea of Joint Security Taskforce comprising the Nigerian Correctional Service, Nigerian Immigration Service, and the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps was formed to forstall further breaches on custodial facilities. As at the time of the attack on the Kuje facility, we have 38 military personnel on ground in addition to personnel of the Nigerian Police, Civil Defence, DSS, NSCDC and our Armed Squad. This is the Minister’s efforts to rejig the security architecture of our facilities.”
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DdBOorlQD6wE9BhmOAon3c
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News6 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News2 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News2 weeks agoBREAKING: Prominent Lagos Monarch Passes Away
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News19 hours ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News1 day agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election

