Latest News
Betta Edu Gives Cheering Update On N-Power Beneficiaries Arrears Payment
Betta Edu Gives Cheering Update On N-Power Beneficiaries Arrears Payment
The payment of arrears to beneficiaries of the N-Power program has been reinstated by the Federal Government.
These beneficiaries were owed salaries for several months during the previous administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Read Also How Tinubu ‘Roasted’ Fubara At Peace Meeting With Wike
Betta Edu, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, announced that the disbursement of arrears commenced on Wednesday and will persist until every eligible individual has received their due payments. Edu shared this information as a guest on Thursday’s episode of Channels Television’s “Politics Today.”
Read Also BREAKING: Minister Submits Resignation Letter To Tinubu (PHOTO)
“Presently, a payment for N-Power is ongoing; we were in the office yesterday up until the early hours of this morning, just to ensure that young people get monies which they have been owed from the last government.
“So, N-Power beneficiaries across the nation, I am sure you can attest to the fact that you are seeing your money in your accounts and this process will continue until the last person who indeed has served is being paid.
“And of course, all of this is being restructured to ensure that we reduce unemployment and create jobs for Nigerians,” Edu said.
“The Renewed Hope N-Power has not been relaunched yet. We are still trying to deal with the baggage from the previous years. So, these are persons who were owed monies for a few months.
“We used to have a consultant who used to manage the payments of these monies to the N-Power beneficiaries. However, the monies were being held up with the consultants for months without paying the beneficiaries.
“So, what government did was to recover the money back into the governments TSA CBN account and now started scrutiny of the beneficiaries which took us this while to do and that is why we appeal to the young people to be patient,” the minister said.
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News1 week agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News2 weeks agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News7 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News4 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News2 weeks agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News3 days ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News4 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News3 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

