Latest News
Nasarawa Devastated: Seven Dead, Multiple Houses Razed In Ethnic Conflict
A bloody clash over a land matter between the Gbagyi and Bassa ethnic groups in the Kudu village of Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State has claimed seven lives with many others injured….CONTINUE READING
Ireporteronline gathered that the crisis erupted when the Bassa ethnic group allegedly invaded a community where the Gbagyi people had settled for their farming activities.
A resident of the community who pleaded anonymity told our correspondent in Lafia on Tuesday that apart from those who sustained several degrees of injuries, many houses and farm produce worth millions of naira were destroyed as a result of the clash.
“The attacks are getting too much and the government seems to be silent about it. We can no longer sleep in our houses with our two eyes closed. We really need help in the Kudu community as soon as possible,” the source added.
Meanwhile, the Nasarawa State Governor, Abdullahi Sule, has said the government recently developed strategies towards tackling insecurity in the LGA.
Sule disclosed this while presiding over an emergency executive council meeting which was held at the Government House, Lafia, on Monday.
According to him, even though the matter was not part of the agenda for the meeting, it had become necessary to bring it up before the executive council because lives had been lost due to the crisis in the LGA.
He further announced plans to convene a meeting involving the Gbagyi, Egbirra and Bassa communities to address the overriding distrust and perceived acrimony existing between them.
“The security agencies have already moved in there, and we will be able to get to the bottom of it.
“But most importantly, the moment we return from Abuja, we are going to have a meeting of the Gbagyi, the Egbirra and Bassa communities so that at the end of the day, we have to bring this to an end. It cannot go on in this unfortunate circle,” he stated.
As of the time of filing this report, efforts made to get the reaction of the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ramhan Nansel, proved abortive as he did not respond to phone calls put across to his mobile lines.
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News7 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News2 weeks agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News6 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News3 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News7 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News2 days ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News2 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

