Latest News
BREAKING: UK Court Rules In Favour Of Ekweremadu (DETAILS)
BREAKING: UK Court Rules In Favour Of Ekweremadu (DETAILS)
A court in the UK has ruled that David Ukpo, a purported kidney donor for the daughter of Ike and Beatrice Ekweremadu, is not a minor.
Ekweremadu, a former deputy president of the senate, and Beatrice, his wife, appeared for trial at the Westminster magistrate court on Thursday.
The court ruled that Ukpo is a 21-year-old and not 15 years old as claimed.
UK police in late June arrested Ekweremadu and his wife Beatrice over an alleged conspiracy to traffic a child for organ harvesting.
Read Also BREAKING: Finance Minister Resigns
Metropolitan police in a statement said that Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu and Ike Ekweremadu, who are 55 and 60 years old respectively were remanded in custody to appear at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court.
During the proceeding, the court held that Ukpo is not a minor after the counsel to the Ekweremadus made an argument on the matter.
The prosecutor had insisted that Ukpo was a minor.
Ekweremadu and his wife Beatrice sued the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) and others to release the certified true copy (CTC) of the biodata of David Ukpo, the donor.
Their request was granted by the Federal High Court, Abuja last week.
Read Also BREAKING: Newly Appointed Minister Resigns (PHOTO)
The defendants’ lawyers also informed the court of a bail application they intend to file in the first week of August.
Meanwhile, the UK attorney-general has approved that the case be tried at the Central Criminal Court in London.
Adamu Bulkachuwa, chairman of the Senate committee on foreign affairs, led the senate delegation to the court.
David Mark, former president of the senate; Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, former minister of state for education, and a delegation from the Nigeria high commission, were also present in court.
The senator representing Enugu west and his wife are facing charges bordering on conspiracy to arrange/facilitate the travel of another person with a view to exploitation, namely organ harvesting.
Thereafter, the judge adjourned the case till August 4.
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DdBOorlQD6wE9BhmOAon3c
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News6 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News2 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News1 day ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News1 day agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

