Latest News
Opposition Rates Government Ministers Poorly, Citing Failures
Opposition Rates Government Ministers Poorly, Citing Failures
The Peoples Democratic Party, Labour Party and the New Nigeria Peoples Party have described the performance of President Bola Tinubu’s ministers in one year as a “monumental failure”.
The ministers, 45 in number, were sworn in by President Bola Tinubu on Monday, August 21, 2023, at the State House Conference Centre, Abuja.
Some ministers listed their achievements to mark their first anniversary in office.
However, members of the opposition parties argued that Tinubu and his cabinet destroyed Nigeria’s economy within one year with anti-masses policies.
Speaking to Ireporteronline, the National Publicity Secretary of PDP, Debo Ologunagba, said Tinubu and his ministers compounded the woes of Nigerians.
Ologunagba berated Tinubu for running a bloated cabinet, which according to him, breeds corruption.
“The government has failed and by extension, the ministers have failed. Today, petroleum products are scarce, everybody is suffering, there is insecurity, life expectancy has dropped, there is no medical care, the roads are not safe, and infrastructure are decayed.
“The ministers are marking monumental failure, increase in hunger, and increase in poverty. There is pain and anguish in the land. That is the report card of the government and his ministers,” Ologunagba said.
On his part, the campaign spokesman for the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Yunusa Tanko, said a cabinet reshuffling would not save Tinubu’s administration from failing.
Tanko said, “Whether he (Tinubu) rejigs the cabinet or not, the result will be the same. The decay in the system results from the almost zero performance level of the ministers because Nigerians are not feeling the impact of governance.
“As far as we are concerned, there is an abysmal performance, lack of empathy, consideration, and love for the Nigerian people which has found us in this particular quagmire in which we are going through.”
The spokesman for NNPP, Ladipo Johnson, said the ministers’ performance had been below Nigerians’ expectations and advised Tinubu to consider reshuffling his cabinet.
-
Latest News1 week agoTinubu Summons 76 Osun APC Leaders Over Ribadu’s Explosive Intelligence Report
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Picks Gbajabiamila, Soludo, Zulum, Others For Canada Investment Mission
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Approves Fresh Civil Service Recruitment Exercise
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Launches ₦216bn Osun–Oyo Road Projects
-
Latest News1 week agoArmy Orders Abuja Residents To Vacate Homes Over Security Threat
-
Latest News7 days agoOkpebholo Sacks SUBEB Chairman, Names Immediate Replacement
-
Latest News5 days agoTinubu Approves New Ports Regulator For Nigeria
-
Latest News2 weeks agoEFCC Moves To Take Over Abubakar Malami-Linked Properties
-
Latest News2 days agoINEC Makes Fresh Announcement After Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Election
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Announces Rescue Of 308 Kidnap Victims In Massive Security Operation
-
Latest News2 weeks agoWAEC Releases 2026 WASSCE Results, Candidates Can Now Check Scores
-
Latest News6 days agoEdo Gov Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry — Full List
