Latest News

Princes William And Harry To Walk Behind Philip’s Coffin With Pregnant Meghan Markle To Miss The Funeral On Saturday

Published

on

Kindly Share This

Princes William and Harry will walk behind their grandfather’s coffin when they attend his funeral next week.

The brothers are expected to stand shoulder to shoulder to form part of the royal procession at the service for the Duke of Edinburgh in Windsor on Saturday, April 17.

It will be the first time the pair will be seen together since Meghan and Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey – in which he claimed his older brother was ‘trapped’ inside the Monarchy.

 

A source told the Mail on Sunday that, while tensions have been ‘high’ following the fallout from the Oprah interview on March 7, the Royal Family are ‘united in grief’ following Prince Philip’s death.

However, the Duchess of Sussex, who is pregnant with the couple’s second child at home in California, will not be attending following medical advice.

 

Princes William and Harry to walk behind Philip?s coffin with pregnant Meghan Markle to miss the funeral on Saturday

Prince Harry, 36, is due to fly back to the UK this morning and will be reunited with his family for the first time since he moved to the US last year.

 

It is thought Harry and William haven’t seen each other in person since autumn 2019.

 

Royal sources said the Duke of Edinburgh was saddened by their rift and urged them to put their differences aside for the sake of the Queen.

 

Speaking of William’s reunion with his brother, a source told the Mail on Sunday: ‘All eyes will be on William and Harry at the funeral.

 

‘This is the first time we’re going to see them together since Harry and Meghan left for their new life in America.

 

‘There has been so much bad blood but everyone is hoping that, perhaps, this will mark the beginning of a reconciliation.’

 

The source added that, even though tensions have been ‘high’, the Royal Family are ‘united in grief.

 

‘Harry was told the news about his grandfather at the same time as other members of the family.’

 

Prince Charles will walk alongside his sons as they follow the Land Rover on its journey to St George’s Chapel.

The source added: ‘They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Everyone will be watching the funeral closely to see the body language between the brothers.’

The Duke will be taken to St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on a Land Rover he helped to design and will be flanked by pallbearers from the Royal Marines, Regiments, Corps, and Air Stations.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex posted a tribute to Philip on the website of their foundation Archewell on Friday.

It reads simply: “In loving memory of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh 1921-2021

“Thank you for your service… You will be greatly missed.”

The Duke of Edinburgh died on Friday morning, April 9,  at Windsor Castle just weeks after being discharged from hospital following a month-long stay.

 

Princes William and Harry to walk behind Philip?s coffin with pregnant Meghan Markle to miss the funeral on Saturday

 

His funeral will take place next Saturday and will be attended by 30 members of the Royal Family.

Kindly Share This
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

“You dial trouble” Dino Melaye Reacts To Alleged Car Debt  

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

Former Kogi west senator, Dino Jonah Melaye has reacted to reports that he allegedly owes a car dealership by the name ‘unique motors’ money over a vehicle purchase.

The report began after Melaye posted a picture of himself in a Roll Royce Cullinan on Instagram on Wednesday. Shortly after, a user with the name ‘Unique Motors’ heckled the senator via a comment on the post that he owed them money.

“Sir, You still have an outstanding balance to pay unique motors. All effort to reach you and Moses prove abortive. Please pay up sir.”

Responding to the development, Melaye in a short statement issued via his Facebook page, described the development as a ‘publicity stunt’, adding that he will be suing the company.

“No, be only a unique motor! If l am really owing you, you know what to do. Abi na social media you sell the imaginary car?”

“All of una wey dey use my name promote your obscure Business…God knows una address ooo. But for this unique nonsense, my lawyers go reach you. You dial trouble,” he wrote.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

Gunmen Abduct Four Chinese Expatriates, Kill Police Inspector In Ogun

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

Unknown gunmen on Wednesday afternoon abducted four male Chinese expatriates working with the Federal Government’s railway project in Odeda local government area of Ogun State.

Numbering about eight and all clad in a black kaftan, the gunmen allegedly invaded Adeaga/Alaagba village, site of the railway project in Odeda local government area around 6 pm where they shot a Police Inspector dead before succeeding in the abduction of the Chinese expatriates handling the Ibadan-Lagos standard gauge railway project.

An eye witness at Alaagba village said that the abductors seized their victims immediately after disarming the security men attached to them and they headed straight to the forest with their captives.

Speaking with LEADERSHIP, the community leader and Baale of Alaagba village, Chief Adekunle Olabamiji, said residents of the rustic border community between Ogun and Oyo state had earlier in the afternoon, observed the presence of some fierce-looking gunmen in the village.

LEADERSHIP further gathered that members of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) later in the night launched an unsuccessful hunt for the kidnappers, combing the entire bush in an attempt to possibly apprehend the kidnappers and rescue the victims.

When contacted, Ogun State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Abimbola Oyeyemi, who confirmed the abduction, said the command has dispatched a team of the special tactical unit to roads and forest in Odeda LGA of the State in search of four Chinese workers

Oyeyemi, who expressed the optimism that the Chinese expatriates would be rescued unhurt, further explained that primary investigation clearly confirmed that victims were initially ambushed at the construction site prior to the incident.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

Akwa Ibom Varsity Sacks 14 Lecturers Over Sexual Abuse 

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

The Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) has disclosed that 14 lecturers have been shown the exit door for sexually abusing students.

Although the names of the randy teachers were not mentioned, the vice-chancellor of the state-owned university, Prof Nse Essien, said the university will continue to weed out undesirable elements within its ranks.

Speaking during a familiarisation visit to the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Akwa Ibom State Council, on Thursday, Prof. Essien disclosed that 38 out of the 42 programmes run by the university have received full accreditation by the National Universities Commission (NUC).

Prof. Essien, who will be one year in the office on August 3, also disclosed that everything has been put in place for the commencement of Radio broadcasting by the university.

Further to that, the VC, who is a former Commissioner for Education in the state, said that the university unbundled its Mass Communication programme in line with the emerging trend and communication needs of modern society, resulting in the creation of departments of Public Relations, Advertising, Broadcasting and Journalism and Media Studies.

While admitting that he had been far away from the NUJ and the media community, the vice-chancellor promised to cultivate a mutually beneficial relationship between the NUJ and AKSU.

In his remarks, the NUJ chairman, Comrade Amos Etuk, commended the vice chancellor for coming to share his thoughts with journalists and assured him that the new partnership, when given effect, will add value to the rating and standing of the institution.

Comrade Etuk suggested to Prof. Essien to use the occasion of his first anniversary in office to showcase the developments in AKSU, under his watch.

The vice-chancellor was accompanied on the visit by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Prof. Umoren Umoren and the head of the Directorate of Information, Public Relations and Protocol, Mr Akaninyene Ibanga.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending