Latest News
Oyo School Abduction: Police Detain Six Alleged Informants
According to Ireporter Online, fresh details have emerged regarding the abduction of school pupils and the killing of two teachers alongside an okada rider in Ahoro-Esiele, Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State.
The Oyo State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of no fewer than six suspects in connection with the incident, describing them as alleged informants who reportedly aided the attackers before, during, and after the operation.
The tragic attack, which occurred last Friday, has continued to generate tension and fear among residents of Ahoro-Esiele and surrounding communities.
Police investigators reportedly made a breakthrough after tracking telephone communications believed to have been exchanged between the suspects and the armed abductors. These conversations are said to have provided critical information that enabled the attackers to navigate routes within the National Park and access concealed hideouts used as safe havens.
The Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Olayinka Ayanlade, who confirmed the development on Tuesday, stated that the arrested individuals are currently assisting with ongoing investigations.
According to him, preliminary findings indicate that some of the suspects maintained contact with the abductors during and after the operation, with security operatives now analysing the intercepted communications to determine the extent of each suspect’s involvement.
He further disclosed that the communications allegedly included guidance on movement through the National Park without detection, as well as details of possible escape routes and hideout locations used by the criminals.
Ayanlade added that the arrests were the result of coordinated intelligence-driven operations carried out across different locations in the state, involving the Nigerian Army, the Nigeria Police Force, the Amotekun Corps, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, and Agro-Rangers.
He assured that security agencies are intensifying efforts to apprehend other fleeing members of the syndicate, stressing that all individuals connected to the crime would be brought to justice.
Meanwhile, the attack, which claimed the lives of two teachers and a commercial motorcyclist while leaving several school pupils abducted, has continued to spark outrage and heightened insecurity concerns in the affected communities.
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News1 week agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News2 weeks agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News6 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News3 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News2 days ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News3 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News2 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

