Latest News
Ekweremadu Is Treated Harshly, Unwell, May Not Be Granted Bail – UK Lawyer Speaks
Ekweremadu Is Treated Harshly, Unwell, May Not Be Granted Bail – UK Lawyer Speaks

Ike Ekweremadu
A Nigerian-born lawyer in the United Kingdom (UK) has revealed there may be political or other factors for the continued detention of former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, in the UK.
Speaking without disclosing his identity with The Guardian last week, the lawyer said: “He’s being treated harshly and the man is not well.
“They fear he may jump bail and run back to Nigeria.” Ekweremadu, who was arrested with his wife, Beatrice, on June 23, and charged with allegations of wanting to make payment for the procurement of organ for their daughter, Sonia, from one David Nwamini, has been kept behind bars since, while his wife is on bail.
“When both were brought before a Sergeant in courtroom 12, at the Central Criminal Court, Old Bailey, on August 4, he appeared via video link from prison during the short session, while his wife was physically in the dock.”
Read Also Megan Thee Stallion’s Sweatpants Twerk VIDEO Causes Commotion On Instagram (WATCH)
While speaking with The Guardian, the lawyer was asked if the offence for which Ekweremadu is being detained is bailable, he confirmed it is, and noted that the Senator is not granted bail because each case is different, and that there are factors to consider. He further noted that Ekweremadu might not be granted bail because they fear he may jump bail and fly back to Nigeria.
Earlier in the week, Ekweremadu’s daughter, Sonia, took to her Instagram page and made a public appeal for any willing kidney donor to come to her aid.
She revealed that she is suffering from a rare kidney disease.
The 25-year old said that she had to drop out of the university of Newcastle in 2019 because of the health challenge.
“I was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease, FSGS Nephrotic Syndrome.”
The Ekweremadus are due back at Old Bailey for the plea and trial preparation hearing on October 31.
“The trial is for May 2 next year,” a court staff told The Guardian yesterday.
They are being charged alongside Dr. Obinna Obeta.
Get The News When It Drops By Joining Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News5 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News3 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News16 hours agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News1 week agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News2 weeks agoPresident Tinubu Makes Surprise New Appointment
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News2 weeks agoBREAKING: Prominent Lagos Monarch Passes Away
-
Latest News4 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News2 weeks agoAPC Generates ₦4.45 Billion From Sale Of Nomination Forms

