Latest News
Peter Obi’s Appeal Was Dismissed In Less Than 120 Seconds – Reactions Mocking Labour Party Presidential Candidate Emerge
Peter Obi’s Appeal Was Dismissed In Less Than 120 Seconds – Reactions Mocking Labour Party Presidential Candidate Emerge
The rapid dismissal of Peter Obi’s appeal from the Labour Party challenging President Bola Tinubu’s election at the Supreme Court has triggered a flurry of responses.
A seven-member panel, presided over by Inyang Okoro, promptly dismissed the appeal on Thursday, October 26, noting that it raised essentially the same issues as Atiku Abubakar’s appeal, which was previously rejected by the court.
The court also affirmed in its unanimous decision that the only distinct issue in Obi’s appeal, concerning the alleged dual nomination of Kashim Shettima as both a vice-presidential candidate and a senatorial candidate in the February election, had already been settled by the court and would not be reopened for further litigation.
Read Also BREAKING: Labour Party Heads To Another Court After Supreme Court Judgement (DETAILS)
The promptness of the judgment prompted reactions on social media, particularly from supporters of the ruling party, who criticized Obi’s petition.
Reacting, the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Secretary, Senator Ajibola Basiru in a terse tweet said: “Obi’s petition was dismissed in less than 120 seconds.”
See some other reactions below;
@YettyO_JP said: “Frivolous petition dismissed with a wave of the hand.”
@Akinboy said: “It shows the emptiness in their appeal.”
Abbas Kola Sanusi said: “The most frivolous appeal of all times and most fastest dismissal in History.”
Funsho Shina tweeted: “He has no substance and his petition is weightless.”
@lekeolofin argued: “Obi’s petition is so watery that 100 law students will dismiss it immediately. His lawyers did not counsel him very well, even cobblers cannot present suchlike a case at the Supreme Court. Obi only wanted to please his followers.”
Francis Adeboye mocked: “Obi’s ambition, Obi’s campaign, Obi’s manifesto, Obi’s petition, Obi’s appeal…a complete waste of precious time!”
Political commentator, Japheth Omojuwa (@Omojuwa) said: “It was officially timed at 69 seconds.”
Tolu Ogunlesi (@toluogunlesi), a former media aide to the ex-president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, said: “Over to you, @GWR”
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Summons 76 Osun APC Leaders Over Ribadu’s Explosive Intelligence Report
-
Latest News2 days agoTinubu Govt Declares Nationwide Public Holiday For Nigerians
-
Latest News2 weeks agoArmy Orders Abuja Residents To Vacate Homes Over Security Threat
-
Latest News2 weeks agoOkpebholo Sacks SUBEB Chairman, Names Immediate Replacement
-
Latest News1 week agoTinubu Approves New Ports Regulator For Nigeria
-
Latest News4 days agoTinubu Meets Akpabio, Doguwa, Oyetola, Alake At Aso Rock
-
Latest News7 days agoINEC Makes Fresh Announcement After Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Election
-
Latest News20 hours agoAPC Chairman Collapses, D!es
-
Latest News1 week agoEdo Gov Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry — Full List
-
Gist1 week agoYour Uncle Adeleke Is The Real Arindin’ – Sowore Fires Back At Davido
-
Latest News2 weeks agoJUST IN: Osun Commissioner Arrested Over Shooting At APC Rally
-
Entertainment5 days agoOgogo’s Family Breaks Silence, Debunks Viral D**th Rumour
