Latest News
Governor Abiodun Sets Two-Week Ultimatum For Contractor To Finish Ogun Road (Details)
Governor Abiodun Sets Two-Week Ultimatum For Contractor To Finish Ogun Road (Details)
Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has directed the contractor in charge of construction of the Denro-Ishashi-Akute Road to complete the project within two weeks.
Abiodun also stated that work would begin on the Alagbole-Ajuwon and Akute-Ajuwon roads in Ifo Local Government Area of the state soon.
Other roads whose contracts are to be awarded soon include Hercules Giwa (Oke Aro Road), some sections of Akute-Ijoko Road, and the road leading to Yakoyo.
The governor spoke on Monday during an on-the-spot assessment of roads in the local government.
Abiodun said the construction of the Denro-Ishashi-Akute Road started almost three years ago, adding that the contractor must mobilise to the site immediately and ensure the completion of the project in two weeks.
He said: “ First of all, the Denro-Ishashi-Akute Road, I have given the contractor a marching order that the road must be completed in the next two weeks, including the asphalt and the bridge.
“Now, within the next two weeks, a maximum of three weeks, active construction will start on Alagbole-Ajuwon and Akute-Ajuwon roads.
“Today, here, we’ve reconstructed Olusegun Osoba-Toyin Street; Denro-Ishashi-Akute is under construction. We have so many other roads we’ve constructed here. But because there is so much deficit in the infrastructural development in this area, at times it appears as if we are not reconstructing them as fast as they want us to.”
The governor also assured the residents that his administration would construct a new primary health care centre for them.
“The primary health care centre here, I will reconstruct it. I have told Hon. Fola Salami and the Commissioner (Health) to look for land for me here because I will build a new one for you. I want to build a brand new primary health care centre that is befitting for Ajuwon-Alagbole-Akute,” he said.
Governor Abiodun, while noting that his administration owes everyone equitable infrastructure development, lamented that projects were abandoned by previous administrations after structures had been demolished and single carriageways were turned into dual carriageways.
He said: “When I assumed office on May 29, 2019, the deficit that we met on assumption of office was such that we began to wonder what the previous administration was doing.
“In some instances, they appeared to have good intentions; they demolished houses; roads that should not be more than a single carriageway, they turned them into dual carriageways; by so doing, they removed all the asphalt that was there serving the people and abandoned these roads.”
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Summons 76 Osun APC Leaders Over Ribadu’s Explosive Intelligence Report
-
Latest News1 day agoTinubu Govt Declares Nationwide Public Holiday For Nigerians
-
Latest News2 weeks agoArmy Orders Abuja Residents To Vacate Homes Over Security Threat
-
Latest News2 weeks agoOkpebholo Sacks SUBEB Chairman, Names Immediate Replacement
-
Latest News1 week agoTinubu Approves New Ports Regulator For Nigeria
-
Latest News4 days agoTinubu Meets Akpabio, Doguwa, Oyetola, Alake At Aso Rock
-
Latest News6 days agoINEC Makes Fresh Announcement After Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Election
-
Latest News1 week agoEdo Gov Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry — Full List
-
Gist1 week agoYour Uncle Adeleke Is The Real Arindin’ – Sowore Fires Back At Davido
-
Latest News6 hours agoAPC Chairman Collapses, D!es
-
Latest News2 weeks agoJUST IN: Osun Commissioner Arrested Over Shooting At APC Rally
-
Entertainment4 days agoOgogo’s Family Breaks Silence, Debunks Viral D**th Rumour
