How The Opposition Desperately Orchestrated Lekki Massacre To Rope Tinubu As The United States Vindicates Nigerian Army - IReporteronline
Connect with us
                               

Latest News

How The Opposition Desperately Orchestrated Lekki Massacre To Rope Tinubu As The United States Vindicates Nigerian Army

Published

on

Kindly Share This

How The Opposition Desperately Orchestrated Lekki Massacre To Rope Tinubu As United States Reports Vindicates Nigerian Army

“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

Jeremiah 17:9.

Many people see the Bible as a resource Holy Book meant to guide the human race. Its scriptures are laced with wisdom and serve as a reference to so many things currently going on across the globe.

Like Jeremiah 17: 9 says the heart of a man is desperately wicked and deceitful, we need to understand this as it helps in the forgiveness process of the human race.

Two days ago the United States (U.S.) Department of States released its report entitled, ‘2020 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices: Nigeria.’

In the detailed report, the Department of States says there is no verifiable evidence on the reported killings of #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate on October 20, last year.

The US department went on with what it considers a detailed analysis of what transpired on October 20 by saying: “Accurate information on fatalities resulting from the shooting was not available at year’s end.

Gbam, with the report of the UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATES the Nigerian Army, the Lagos State Government and by extension Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been vindicated of being behind a fictitious massacre at the Lekki toll gate.

It is sad and reprehensible that oppositional forces orchestrated the evil distortion of facts just to get at the former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu over his rumoured presidential ambition.

That erroneous and deliberate attempt to twist the story caused the Former Lagos State governor, The Lagos State Government , the incumbent Governor and some other interest untold economic hardship.

Ignorant residents took to the streets to unleash unimaginable mayhem on investments believed to belong to Asiwaju Tinubu, the Lagos State Government itself was not spared as some of its public edifices were razed down. Even the family house belonging to Sanwo-Olu was not spared as well.

Like earlier stated the human heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, else how does one explain a deliberate attempt to crush the business interest of a man all on the altar of dirty politics. They did not stop there they also went further to say Tinubu and his family fled the country to evade a mob action. They tried to portray Tinubu as the personification of the DEVIL who has hijacked the growth of the Nation.

So wicked and terrible their ways are that to date Tinubu is still under their radar for false and distorted news all in a grand attempt to smear and malign the hard-earned reputation of a democrat.

What relationship Tinubu has with the protesters or the Nigerian Army at Lekki toll gate on October 20th still baffles me?

The #Endsars protest was not restricted to Lagos alone, it occurred in major cities across the Nation and yet no individual was targeted the way Tinubu was.

Today these same traducers when they see Tinubu’s pictures they rush to say “Nigerians would not forgive you for the blood you shed at Lekki Toll Gate.”

Which blood was shed at Lekki Toll Gate? Were Human Sacrifices offered? Was Tinubu the Chief Priest who asked for human blood for gratification?

Today the United States has released a detailed report vindicating the Nigerian Army that there is no verifiable evidence anywhere that a single soul was lost that day.

To date, no one has buried their son, daughter, or any father or mother because they were killed at the toll Gate.

The so-called apologist of these frustrated opposition members have all fled the country and refused to come out and give their so-called evidence of what transpired that very night.

Since the public destruction of properties in Lagos, the Lagos State Government has been doing its best in record time to recover from the challenges. We all saw the despicable burning of BRT buses and some other public infrastructures belonging to the Lagos State Government.

Tinubu left power as Lagos State Governor in 2007 and has not held a single public office since then. The Military Generals that ruined Nigeria and brought the country to its knees, their houses were not targeted, the party chairmen of the two political parties that have been ruling Nigeria since 1999 to date none of them were targeted.

Is it not people that are in charge of providing electricity to Nigerians? How many of them were targeted even when they perpetually put us in darkness.

Tinubu’s rumoured presidential ambition has really caused a major headache for oppositional forces that if left unchecked might birth a dangerous twist in our polity.

Anyway, the Tinubu himself seems unperturbed with the antics of the opposition as the Former Lagos State Governor has elevated his game, he seems to be on top of the challenges.

As we approach the 2023 presidential elections there is a high probability that Tinubu would be a subject of heavy smear campaigns. It is believed that give and take the Jagaban would play a major role in who succeeds Buhari in 2023.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah writes in from Abuja.

Copyright 2021.

iReporteronline notifies users that Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah is the owner of the copyright: All Rights Reserved.

Whatsapp 07032341798

Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/osigwe.ikirodah

 

Kindly Share This
Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

OPC Lambasts Dambazau For Linking Group With Boko Haram

Published

on

Kindly Share This

The O’odua Peoples Congress (OPC) said the former Chief of Army Staff and Minister of Interior, Lieutenant-General Abdurahman Dambazau, is suffering from acute dementia and gradually losing touch with reality.

OPC, in a statement on Saturday by its Publicity Secretary, Barrister Yinka Oguntimehin, reacted to the statement credited to the former minister that the OPC was the same as the dreaded Boko Haram.

The group condemned in strong terms the statement credited to the ex-minister, pointing out that such statements were capable of heating up the polity and disrupting national peace.

Oguntimehin also described Dambazau as a northern irredentist and extremist popularly noted for his unguarded statements and utterances.

“From his statement, it is obvious that the ex-COAS is suffering from acute dementia and he is gradually losing touch with the realities of this time.

 

“Dambazau’s statement that OPC and IPOB are very much the same as the dreaded Boko Haram was made in bad faith and such statements have raised some fundamental questions about his intentions, interests and morality as a former COAS and minister of Interior that have allegedly been supporting the bandits by offering both financial and technical support to the group.

“Such high profile ex-military officer cannot be trusted in the fight against insurgency because he had on several occasion pleaded on their behalf.

“In 2014, before the general election, Dambazau and four other top northern leaders had their hands in the recruitments of bandits into the country. And when he eventually became the minister of Interior, under President Muhammadu Buhari, he requested and pleaded that the Federal Government should raise over N800 billion to settle the bandits. A request which was opposed by Nigerians.

“So for such a person to have said that OPC is the same as Boko Haram is not only derogatory, but it is most unfortunate to say the least.”

Oguntimehin said: “Boko Haram is adjudged globally as the third most dreaded terrorist groups in the world. And up till today, it remains as such with various cases of killings across the North.

“For instance, presently, Boko Haram and bandits have taken over four states in the North and Danbazau had never condemned their atrocities, he didn’t raise a finger.

“It is no doubt that he is one of their sponsors. That is why he had, rather than offering lasting solution to the insurgency in the north and across the country, remained an ardent promoter of bandits and other terrorist groups in Nigeria.

So, from his statement, it shows that the ex-minister is not in his right frame of mind, because when bandits killed a foremost Oba in Ondo, he didn’t talk. When other respected leaders from the north held a meeting on the critical security situation in the country,he didn’t attend.”

The OPC publicity scribe stated further that the group has since its existence in 1994 remains one of the most dependable organizations that have been defending the interest of the people of the south west.

“OPC has never involved in any act of insurgency, including kidnapping or killings. Our group have been at the vanguard of supporting the police and providing information that can help the police in ensuring effective security at the grassroots.

“For instance, during the END SARS protests, OPC came to the rescue in the southwest and we protected the police stations and the police formations against unscrupulous rioters that had hijacked the peaceful protests.

Recently, the OPC under our amiable leader, the Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Abiodun Ige Adams, apprehended the notorious Kidnap kingpin, Abdullah Iskilu Wakili that had been terrorising the people of Ibarapa and its environs, and we handed him over to the police.

“So for somebody of Dambazau status to say such a group is like the Boko Haram truly shows his mindset and level of thinking. Such a person has truly lost touch with the realities of the present time because today, OPC has been reorganised, repackaged, and re-orientated in such a way that it has become a thorn in the flesh of bandits, kidnappers and terrorists. And today, the fear of the OPC has truly become the beginning of wisdom for people like Danbazau and his allies

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

You Need UTME To Gain Admission Into Our Academy – NDA

Published

on

Kindly Share This

The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) has announced that the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is a basic requirement for admission into the academy.

This was made known in a statement by Maj. Bashir Jajira, the NDA Public Relations Officer, on Saturday in Kaduna.

He said the academy had nothing to do with fake news speculating that academy suspended UTME for the incoming members of 73 Regular Course.

Part of the statement read: “The academy wishes to inform the general public that UTME is one of the basic requirements for entry into the academy.

“All interested applicants into the academy must have passed the UTME and attained an acceptable minimum national standard as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting before gaining entry into the 73 Regular Course.”

He advised the general public to ignore any information on social media purporting the suspension of JAMB exam for 73 Regular Course.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

No Oil Money Again, FG Printed N60bn To Share In March – Obaseki

Published

on

Kindly Share This

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo has warned that there would soon be no crude oil revenue for Nigeria to spend, adding that the federal government had to print extra N60 billion for states to share in March.

The governor made this statement on Wednesday during a meeting with the state’s Transition Committee in Benin.

Mr Obaseki noted the Nigerian economy can no longer rely on global oil prices because major oil-producing companies are now investing in alternative sectors, Channels news reported.

The governor further expressed his concern over the habitual borrowing system of the government, he explained that by the end of the year that there would be additional N16 trillion debt owed by the Nigerian government.

He mentioned that the situation may cause a collapse in the economy of the country and the value of naira because there is no way of paying back borrowed loans.

“In another year or so, where will we find this money that we go to Abuja to share every month? Last month, we got FAAC for March. The federal government printed an additional ₦50 to ₦60 billion to top-up for us to share,” he said.

“We say remove subsidy, they say no. This April, next week again, we will go to Abuja and share. By the end of this year, the total borrowing is going to be in excess of ₦15 to ₦16 trillion.

“My worry is that we will wake up one day like Argentina, the naira will be ₦1,000, ₦2,000 and will be moving because we don’t have money coming in. You are just borrowing, borrowing and borrowing without any means or idea of how to pay back.”

Speaking further, the governor explained that the people are concerned about the 2023 election while they keep blaming the president for the current state of the nation’s economy.

Also, the governor commended the effort of the Independent National Electoral Committee for adopting technology to bring a change to the voting system in the country so it will be difficult to rig election results.

“INEC itself had also begun its own process of change. They have been worried, scandalised by what happened in Kogi and Bayelsa and were trying to redeem themselves.

“So using technology, they made sure that as soon as you finish voting in the polling unit, that result was uploaded straight into a portal so they can see the pattern which makes it difficult to change results at the collation centers.’’

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending