crime
Just In: Security Operatives Allegedly Raid NLC Office
Just In: Security Operatives Allegedly Raid NLC Office
Security operatives have raided the Labour House in the Central Business District of Abuja.
In a statement, Benson Upah, spokesperson of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) alleged the “invading troop claimed that they were looking for seditious materials used for the #EndBadGovernance protests”.
Some Nigerians took to the streets on August 1 to protest. The demonstrations were billed to last for 10 days.
The protests degenerated into looting and vandalism in some States.
Upah said the invasion of the NLC building in Abuja began around 8:30pm on Wednesday night.
“Just this afternoon, the National Executive Council of the NLC took note and vehemently condemned the highhanded manner that security agents manhandled protesters in many parts of the country and the needless bloodshed that ensued,” the statement reads.
“We also condemned the sweeping mass arrests of those perceived to have led the protest. The NEC also frowned at the reckless use of ‘treason’ to describe the protest and demanded for moderation.
“What we did not see coming was the invasion of the Labour House by masked men and heavily armed security operatives hours later.”
The statement alleged the operatives arrested the NLC guard on duty “and then commandeered him to the second floor where he was asked to produce the keys to the offices. When he told them he had no such keys on him, they broke into the floor and ransacked the bookshop on the 2nd floor, carting away hundreds of books and other publications”.
The NLC said it has directed its staff to stay away from the building until it is certain that there are no incriminating materials or harmful substances “dropped in our offices by the invading operatives”.
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News7 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News3 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News1 day ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News2 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

