Latest News
Judiciary Workers In Anambra Declare-Strike, Courts To Cease-Operations From Monday
Judiciary Workers In Anambra Declare-Strike, Courts To Cease-Operations From Monday
Workers in Anambra State judiciary have declared a strike action.
A letter notifying the state government of their intention to commence the indefinite strike, which was made available to journalists on Saturday in Awka, said the action commences on Monday.
The development is expected to cripple court activities and other judiciary matters in the state.
The workers under the aegis of Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, JUSUN, said the the strike is to protest non-adherence to an agreement reached between the group and the state government in 2011 and 2015.
At a press conference in Awka, addressed by their leaders, Mr Henry Ezeoke, chairman, and Ugochukwu Nwezi, secretary, the judiciary workers said the action was as a result of Anambra government’s refusal to pay Consolidated Judiciary Salary Structure, CONJUS.
A letter of notice by the group to the stakeholders in the judiciary sector stated that the strike will last indefinitely, until government meets the conditions.
The letter which was addressed to Assistant Chief Registrars, Registrars in-charge, and all staff of the Anambra State judiciary, called for the withdrawal of services.
The group stated that this was necessary following the expiration of a 21 days ultimatum issued to the state government by the union on the matter, which was ignored.
The letter read: “Based on the failure of the Anambra State Government to comply with the agreement reached in 2011 and 2015 respectively with the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN), Anambra State Branch for the full implementation of the Consolidated Judiciary Salary Structure (CONJUS), a notice is hereby issued.
“All staff of the Anambra State Judiciary are directed to withdraw their services, effective from Monday the 15th day of July, 2024, pending further directives by the union in the state.”
The workers said they have explored all possible avenues without luck, and believe that downing tools is the only language government would understand.
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News6 days agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News1 week agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News5 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News3 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News1 week agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News6 days agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News1 day ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News2 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

