Please Forgive Me I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 – Dino Melaye Begs Nigerians - IReporteronline
Connect with us
                               

Latest News

Please Forgive Me I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 – Dino Melaye Begs Nigerians

Published

on

Kindly Share This

The former lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Dino Melaye on Friday said he is full of regret for supporting the candidacy of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

Buhari contested under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) six years ago and defeated ex-President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the first time an opposition would floor a ruling party in Nigeria’s presidential election.

Melaye was among those that canvassed support for Buhari’s presidential ambition, having dumped the PDP for the ruling APC.

Six years down the line, the former federal lawmaker and PDP chieftain asked God and Nigerians for forgiveness, noting that this current administration is the worst in the nation’s history.

“I apologise to God almighty who is the supreme controller of the universe and Nigerians for supporting Buhari,” he said during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

“The Buhari agenda is the greatest scam that came out of Africa. The Buhari presidency in 2015 is the greatest scam that came out of Africa.

“The subject Buhari is the greatest common that came out of Africa. Once I was blind, now I can see. How can one remain in a political party and support the presidency with what is happening today in Nigeria? I regret seriously supporting that because we were scammed,” he stated.

-Channelstv

Kindly Share This
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

No Oil Money Again, FG Printed N60bn To Share In March – Obaseki

Published

on

Kindly Share This

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo has warned that there would soon be no crude oil revenue for Nigeria to spend, adding that the federal government had to print extra N60 billion for states to share in March.

The governor made this statement on Wednesday during a meeting with the state’s Transition Committee in Benin.

Mr Obaseki noted the Nigerian economy can no longer rely on global oil prices because major oil-producing companies are now investing in alternative sectors, Channels news reported.

The governor further expressed his concern over the habitual borrowing system of the government, he explained that by the end of the year that there would be additional N16 trillion debt owed by the Nigerian government.

He mentioned that the situation may cause a collapse in the economy of the country and the value of naira because there is no way of paying back borrowed loans.

“In another year or so, where will we find this money that we go to Abuja to share every month? Last month, we got FAAC for March. The federal government printed an additional ₦50 to ₦60 billion to top-up for us to share,” he said.

“We say remove subsidy, they say no. This April, next week again, we will go to Abuja and share. By the end of this year, the total borrowing is going to be in excess of ₦15 to ₦16 trillion.

“My worry is that we will wake up one day like Argentina, the naira will be ₦1,000, ₦2,000 and will be moving because we don’t have money coming in. You are just borrowing, borrowing and borrowing without any means or idea of how to pay back.”

Speaking further, the governor explained that the people are concerned about the 2023 election while they keep blaming the president for the current state of the nation’s economy.

Also, the governor commended the effort of the Independent National Electoral Committee for adopting technology to bring a change to the voting system in the country so it will be difficult to rig election results.

“INEC itself had also begun its own process of change. They have been worried, scandalised by what happened in Kogi and Bayelsa and were trying to redeem themselves.

“So using technology, they made sure that as soon as you finish voting in the polling unit, that result was uploaded straight into a portal so they can see the pattern which makes it difficult to change results at the collation centers.’’

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

JUSUN To Consider NBA’s Proposal To Call Off Strike

Published

on

Kindly Share This

The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) has said it would table before its National Executive Committee (NEC) a proposal to reopen federal courts and courts in states that have complied with its financial autonomy demands.

JUSUN spokesman Jimoh Musa, however, warned the proposal, made by the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), was likely to split the union, whose members are on an indefinite strike.

According to a statement by NBA Publicity Secretary Dr. Rapulu Nduka, Musa spoke during a JUSUN national officers’ visit to officially communicate the circumstances leading to the Union’s ongoing strike action, as well as to seek the NBA’s support.

JUSUN began a near-nationwide indefinite strike last Monday over the non-implementation of judicial financial autonomy.

NBA 1st Vice President, John Aikpokpo-Martins, who received the delegation, decried the failure of the State government to comply with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution and the Executive Order, No. 10 signed by President Muhammadu Buhari on May 20, 2020, to enforce the autonomy of State Judiciaries.

He reiterated the NBA’s position as contained in an April 5, 2021 statement, that the timing of the strike action was “rather inauspicious.”

Aikpokpo-Martins pleaded with the union “to consider calling off the strike for its members in the federal judiciary (since the Federal Government has complied with the constitutional provisions on Judicial autonomy), as well as in the states which have given effect to the provisions of the Constitution.”

Responding, Musa expressed JUSUN’s dissatisfaction with the NBA’s “historical apathy to the autonomy of the Judiciary which left the Union with the unfortunate option of shutting down the courts.”

He however expressed the hope that the current administration of NBA President Mr Olumide Akpata will approach things differently.

Musa also bemoaned the failure of the government to enforce its previous undertakings with the union and underscored the union’s resolve not to call off the strike, until all its demands are met.

On the proposition to call off the strike for the federal judiciary, Musa observed that such a step would be a recipe for division within the union, as solidarity was at the core of the struggle.

He, however, promised to table the proposal before the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting for consideration. He thereafter sought the support of the NBA in charting a new course for the Judiciary towards ensuring its independence.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

Latest News

If Democracy Fails, Politicians Should Be Held Responsible – Matawalle

Published

on

Kindly Share This

Worried by the constant terror attacks in the country, the Zamfara State Governor, Hon. Bello Mohammed Matawalle has expressed dissatisfaction over the constant killings and destructions of property by suspected bandits in the country.

Matawalle who spoke through his Director-General, press Affairs, Hon. Yusuf Idris Gusau said that if the situation continues, there will be no indivisible entity called Nigeria.

“I am very surprised to note that at our level of Independence as a nation, we are still wandering in gulf of ignorance and the politicians have more questions to answer,” he lamented.

The Governor, therefore, tasked the federal and state governments to as a matter of urgency create job for the teeming youths in order to reduce criminal activities in the country.

Matawalle noted that most of the crimes in the country are being perpetrated by the youths who have no means of livelihood for many years.

According to him, if democracy fails in Nigeria, politicians should be held responsible because the country is entirely in the hands of politicians now and no longer in the hands of the military.

“Nigeria claims to be the giant of Africa but nothing to show for it. Killings here and there is what we are harvesting now”

It could be recalled that the Governor recently swore with the Holy Quran, that he has no hands in banditry activities in Zamfara State.

He went further to challenge General Aliyu Gusau and senator Ahmed Sani Yarima to come out publicly and swear with the same Quran to clear themselves that they have no hands in banditry activities in the state.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending