Latest News
Urgent Investigation: Sowore Presses Governor Makinde To Unmask Illegal Miners Linked To Ibadan Explosion
The 2023 presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, Omoyele Sowore, has asked the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, and security agencies to answer nagging questions about the explosion that rocked Ibadan late Tuesday evening…..CONTINUE READING
According to Sowore Governor Seyi Makinde, and security agencies have to answer questions concerning the alleged illegal miners responsible for the deadly explosion.
Ireporteronline reported that Makinde issued a statement stating that the explosion was caused by illegal miners.
Sowore, however, in a series of tweets he shared on his X handle (Formerly Twitter) on Wednesday wondered who the miners were, what they were mining, and why are they in possession of such powerful explosives.
His tweets titled, Posers For The Governor Of Oyo State #seyimakinde And Security Agencies Regarding The Deadly #IbadanBlast Last Night, read, “Even in developed countries, it takes nothing less than 48 hours before government agencies make a categorical statement about such a massive explosion. These include cordoning off the area, obtaining evidence on the scene, and analyzing it before telling the public what exactly happened.
“In less than 10 hours, Governor @seyimakinde already “investigated” the incident and submitted it was “Illegal Miners.” Who are the illegal miners? What do they mine, and why are they in possession of such powerful explosives?
“Is there any explosives dealer known to security agencies in a high-brow neighborhood in Ibadan that the govt had long been aware of and did nothing about?
“Again, who is that miner? What is the miner’s name, and what do they mine in Oyo state? Is it gold, silver, cobalt, uranium, or what? A release should be done immediately to reveal the identity of the miner!
“Mining and using explosives has a procedure and rarely explodes without a trigger, especially dynamite. You have to ignite it automatedly or use fire. Was the building rigged with explosives? If so, why so?
“Is the governor or Oyo state government aware of mining in the Agodi residential area? Is the governor aware of it, or is his or the state carrying out rock blasting in a residential area?
“The DSS is saddled with approving the use of explosives around Nigeria. What is their public position on what happened? At least citizens need a preliminary report from the DSS on this matter immediately.”
On Tuesday night, panic gripped Ibadan residents over an explosion that occurred at Dejo Oyelese Street in the Bodija area of the city.
Meanwhile, the National Emergency Management Agency has disclosed that over 20 houses were affected in the Tuesday night explosion.
“Over 20 houses were affected. Casualty figures can not be ascertained for now. Search and rescue operation is still ongoing,” the agency said
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: Tinubu Gives Approval For New Appointments
-
Latest News1 week agoKaduna APC House Of Reps Aspirant Pulls Out Of The Race
-
Latest News2 weeks agoAPC Expels 30 Members Over Legal Action Against Party
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: NJC Recommends 12 Justices For Court Of Appeal, Suspends Two Judges Over Misconduct
-
Latest News7 days agoAPC Primaries: Full List Of Reps Members Who Secured Return Tickets, State-By-State Breakdown
-
Latest News4 days agoAPC Announces Winners Of Senate And House Of Reps Primaries In Plateau State
-
Latest News2 weeks agoKano Senate Race: Six APC Aspirants Withdraw, Back Shekarau
-
Latest News2 weeks agoBola Tinubu, Fubara, Hope Uzodimma, APC Governors, Senators, Reps Await Fate Today
-
Latest News3 days ago2027: Updated List Of APC Senatorial Candidates So Far
-
Latest News1 week agoFull List: APC Publishes Names Of Disqualified House Of Representatives Aspirants
-
Latest News4 days agoBREAKING: Fubara Pulls Out Of APC Governorship Primary Election
-
Latest News3 days agoTinubu Speaks Out, Says “They Want Me Dead” Over Alleged Cabal Behind Nigeria’s Insecurity

