Latest News
How I Aborted Unlawful Search Of Justice Odili’s Abuja House – Police Chief Narrates To Court
How I Aborted Unlawful Search Of Justice Odili’s Abuja House – Police Chief Narrates To Court
An Assistant Superintendent of Police, ASP, Madaki Chidawa, on Monday, in Abuja narrated to the Federal High Court how he aborted the unlawful search of the Abuja residence of the Supreme Court Justice, Mary Peter Odili on October 29 last year.
He gave evidence in the trial of 15 persons, including a housewife, accused of perpetrating the unlawful act at No, 7, Imo Rivers Street, Maitama official residence of the apex court Justice.
Read Also Kidnappers Kill APC Chairman’s Son Despite N2million Ransom
At the trial kick-started by the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, ASP Chidawa told Justice Nkeonye Evelyn Maha that the 15 defendants led by a Chief Superintendent of Police, CSP Lawrence Ajodo, stormed the house in a fearful manner around 6 pm of October 29.
On arrival, the witness said that the defendants vehemently demanded to execute a search warrant on the house as a team of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Assets Recovery Panel attached to the Federal Ministry of Justice.
He told the court that he demanded for the search warrant and upon going through, he discovered the search warrant signed by a Chief Magistrate was addressed to No 9, Imo Crescent, Abuja.
ASP Chidawa explained that he used the wrong address on the search warrant to resist the execution of the warrant since the house of Justice Mary Peter Odili is No 7, Imo Rivers Street.
Read Also How Nnamdi Kanu Can Regain His Freedom – Amaechi Speaks
The witness further informed the court that he subsequently ran to Justice Mary Odili, who promptly made some phone calls that eventually nailed and aborted the unlawful mission of the defendants.
He said that upon realising that the mission had been aborted, CSP Lawrence Ajodo, who allegedly paraded a suspicious identity card of the Federal Ministry of Justice, then threatened to deal with him when they come back with reinforcement but that the defendants never returned.
Meanwhile, further trial has been adjourned to March 1, 2022 by Justice Maha.
-
Latest News1 week agoTinubu Summons 76 Osun APC Leaders Over Ribadu’s Explosive Intelligence Report
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Picks Gbajabiamila, Soludo, Zulum, Others For Canada Investment Mission
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Approves Fresh Civil Service Recruitment Exercise
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Launches ₦216bn Osun–Oyo Road Projects
-
Latest News1 week agoArmy Orders Abuja Residents To Vacate Homes Over Security Threat
-
Latest News7 days agoOkpebholo Sacks SUBEB Chairman, Names Immediate Replacement
-
Latest News5 days agoTinubu Approves New Ports Regulator For Nigeria
-
Latest News2 weeks agoEFCC Moves To Take Over Abubakar Malami-Linked Properties
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Announces Rescue Of 308 Kidnap Victims In Massive Security Operation
-
Latest News2 days agoINEC Makes Fresh Announcement After Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Election
-
Latest News2 weeks agoWAEC Releases 2026 WASSCE Results, Candidates Can Now Check Scores
-
Latest News5 days agoEdo Gov Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry — Full List
