Latest News
JUST IN: Egyptian Authorities Order Nigerian Students Back To Sudan
JUST IN: Egyptian Authorities Order Nigerian Students Back To Sudan
According to The Punch, Egyptian authorities have sent over 500 students back to Sudan following the failure of two of them to provide either a passport or an Emergency Travel Certificate.
According to a voice note of a Nigerian official obtained by The Punch on Friday morning, students without passports or ETC had been instructed to stay back.
The official added that two students without any of the documents were impatient and joined their colleagues, adding that the Egyptian authorities were angry and ordered that all the students should be taken back to Sudan to get the needed permits.
The voice note said, “Our children have spoiled the efforts that the Federal Government is putting in place to airlift them. All the students that have passports were allowed to move to the Egypt airport and those that do not have were asked to wait behind and an ETC will be issued to them as a formal document for them to travel. Out of impatience, two students without passports or ETC sneaked in.
“Now, the two students were discovered at the Aswan airport and the Egyptian authorities are angry. Now, all the stranded Nigerians have to go back to Sudan. They conveyed over 500 Nigerians and everyone will go back to Sudan. They will have to get an exit permit and then get another permit back to Egypt. This will cause a delay of almost 10 hours.”
The official also said that the issue was on the whereabouts of a little child could not be ascertained.
“Also, in the midst of the confusion, a child sneaked into Egypt. We cannot find him. Legal actions would be taken against the two students.”
Never Miss Any News, Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Summons 76 Osun APC Leaders Over Ribadu’s Explosive Intelligence Report
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Picks Gbajabiamila, Soludo, Zulum, Others For Canada Investment Mission
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Approves Fresh Civil Service Recruitment Exercise
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Launches ₦216bn Osun–Oyo Road Projects
-
Latest News1 week agoArmy Orders Abuja Residents To Vacate Homes Over Security Threat
-
Latest News1 week agoOkpebholo Sacks SUBEB Chairman, Names Immediate Replacement
-
Latest News7 days agoTinubu Approves New Ports Regulator For Nigeria
-
Latest News2 days agoTinubu Meets Akpabio, Doguwa, Oyetola, Alake At Aso Rock
-
Latest News4 days agoINEC Makes Fresh Announcement After Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Election
-
Latest News1 week agoEdo Gov Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry — Full List
-
Gist6 days agoYour Uncle Adeleke Is The Real Arindin’ – Sowore Fires Back At Davido
-
Latest News2 weeks agoJUST IN: Osun Commissioner Arrested Over Shooting At APC Rally
