Kaduna Man Killed By Bandits Five Days To Wedding - IReporteronline
Connect with us
                               

crime

Kaduna Man Killed By Bandits Five Days To Wedding

Published

on

Kindly Share This

Gunmen suspected to be bandits have killed a young man identified as Francis Jonathan Ayuba, five days to his wedding in Kaduna state.

According to his friends, the deceased was set to tie the knot with his fiancée on Saturday, April 17, 2021.

He was killed when bandits attacked Wawan Rafi II village, in the Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna state on April 12.

A friend of the deceased, identified as Mc Cm on Facebook wrote, “You talked to me about your wedding on the 17/04/2021(this Saturday) and I told you I was booked already…5 days to your wedding, Fulani attacked your village, Wawan Rafi and you are no more…Hmmmmmm Rayuwa. Francis Jonathan, may God rest your soul..Amen. My condolences to your wife to be and your family.”

Another Facebook user, Paul Dogo, described the deceased as a gentle and calm young man.

“We lost a friend, a brother, a colleague in Keke business, gentle, calm young man and 3 others when Fulani bandits attacked Wawan Rafi village in Zango Kataf LGA in the early hours of Monday.

“This is 5 days to his wedding. We are hurt to our bone marrow. May their souls rest in peace and may God protest us against evil that be devilled our country,” he wrote.

Kaduna state commissioner for internal security and home affairs, Samuel Aruwan had earlier in a statement confirmed the attack on Wawan Rafi II village.

Aruwan said three other persons persons were killed.

He identified the other deceased as Florence Dennis, Joshua Dauda and his 7-year-old son, Philip Dauda.

He also disclosed that seven houses, one car and one motorcycle were burnt in the attack.

Kindly Share This
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

crime

Over 1200 Imo Prison Inmates Are Still At Large After Jail Break – NCoS

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) has said that over 1, 200 inmates out of the 1, 844 inmates who escaped from the Owerri custodial centre are still at large following the April 5 attack on the facility by gunmen.

Spokesperson of the facility, Goodluck Uboegbulam told Daily Trust that only about 600 of them have either voluntarily returned or rearrested by the security operatives.

Urging members of the public to give useful information that would aid the centre in re-arresting the fleeing inmates, Uboegbulam added that the centre had intensified efforts in ensuring that the fleeing inmates were re-arrested and to prevent future recurrence.

He said;

“As it stands, over 1, 200 out of the 1844 fleeing inmates from our custody are still at large.

“However, over 600 have either voluntarily returned or recaptured. But we are hopeful that many more will voluntarily return because they have been returning almost on daily basis.

“After the attack, we have undertaken several measures, such as going through different media and exploring possible avenues aimed at getting results.

“In fact, we have gone as far as writing to the churches, community and village heads, letting them know the dangers in allowing the fleeing inmates to hide within our communities.

“And with this, what it has yielded so far is the voluntary return of some of these fleeing inmates.

“But one irony is that most of the families and parents of these fleeing inmates don’t understand the implications of what we are saying.

“Some of them say ‘Oh! thank God, finally our sons have been set free’ but the price of that freedom is such that, that individual can not work anywhere, cannot do any job, can not open a shop anywhere because he is a fugitive.

“So, that is why we are still using every available medium to appeal to public spirited individuals, groups, churches and village heads to help us out. This is because all these fleeing inmates, they all hail from our communities.

“We or the police cannot do it all alone. We need support and cooperation of the people. We are appealing to the public to avail us of every information that will lead to re-arresting them.”

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

crime

Police Arrest Man, 52, For Defiling Minor, Own Daughters In Ogun

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

Men of the Ogun State Police Command on Tuesday, arrested a 52 year-old man, identified as Kayode Adeniyi for having a carnal knowledge of a 10 year-old girl (named withheld).

The suspect was arrested, following a complaint lodged at Agbado divisional headquarters of the police by the aunty of the victim.

In a statement issued on Tuesday in Abeokuta, the state capital by the command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Oyeyemi Abimbola, he said the suspect forcefully dragged his victim to his apartment where he committed the offence, when the minor went to inquire about a missing cloth from his daughter in their neighbourhood.

Oyeyemi explained that the suspect “dragged her into the room, covered her mouth with pillow and had sexual intercourse with her.”

The PPRO further stated that the aunty of the victim, in her report, explained that the suspect threatened to kill the minor with knife if she make noise.

“On the strength of the report, the Divisional Police Officer of Agbado Division, CSP Kehinde Kuranga, detailed his detectives to the scene, where the suspect was promptly arrested.

“On interrogation, the suspect confessed having carnal knowledge of the victim forcefully, he also admitted that he threatened the victim with knife and that is why she couldn’t make noise until he satisfied his sexual urge,” he said.

Oyeyemi also stated that further investigation into the past activities of the suspect revealed that, Adeniyi has being sexually abusing his three under-aged biological daughters prior to the defilement of the 10 year-old child, but denied it.

“The victim has been taken to General Hospital for medical examination and treatment,” the PPRO added.

The PPRO further explained that the state’s Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, has ordered the Police Family Support Unit (FSU) at the Sango-Ota Area Command to take over the case for an indepth investigation and diligent prosecution.

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading

crime

Man Beats Wife, Stabs His Mother In-Law To Death In Ogun

Published

on

By

Kindly Share This

The Ogun State Command of the Nigeria Police Force has arrested one Opeyemi Ganiyu over the death of his mother-in-law and assault on his wife.

It was gathered that the 28-year-old man attacked his mother-in-law when she visited their home to settle the rift between the man and his wife who happens to be her daughter.

Confirming the incident to newsmen in a statement issued on Wednesday, May 5, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, the State Police Public Relations Officer, said the suspect was apprehended on May 3 following reports that he stabbed his wife’s mother, Abosede Oyewole to death.

Oyeyemi’s statement delivered at Abeokuta, the stated capital reads: “The suspect was arrested following a report made at Atan Ota Divisional Headquarters by one Odunayo Mathew.

“He reported that the suspect, who is married to the daughter of the deceased, is fond of beating his wife on slight provocation. 

“On the fateful day, the suspect, as usual, beat up his wife and inflicted injuries on her, and that is the reason why the deceased went to meet him in order to warn him to desist from beating her daughter. 

“On sighting the deceased in his house, the suspect descended heavily on her, beat her mercilessly before stabbing her on her ribs with a knife. 

“The deceased was rushed to an hospital for treatment but gave up the ghost in the process. 

“Having heard that the victim has died, the suspect ran away . The DPO Atan Ota Division, CSP  Abolade Oladigbolu  detailed his detectives to go after him and bring him to justice. 

“The detectives embarked on intelligence based investigation, which led them to his hideout in Ikorodu Lagos state where he was eventually apprehended.

Preliminary findings revealed that Ganiyu belongs to a notorious cult group in the area. Naija News learnt he was also one of those who led hoodlums to burn down Atan ota police division during the endsars protest, and killed the divisional crime officer on the 21st of October 2020.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, CP Edward Ajogun has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to HOMICIDE SECTION of the state criminal investigation and intelligence department for discreet investigation.

Credit: Naijanews

Kindly Share This
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending