Latest News
Deadly Clash In Taraba Leaves Two-Dead In Terrorist Encounter
Deadly Clash In Taraba Leaves Two-Dead In Terrorist Encounter
Two notorious terrorists were reportedly killed in a recent encounter with troops from the 6 Brigade of the Nigerian Army and Sector 3 Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS).
Ireporteronline learnt that the troops had an exchange of gunfire with the assailants at Geshi, a village situated along the Rafin Kada Road in the Donga Local Government Area of Taraba State.
This operation, which occurred on July 11, 2024, resulted in the seizure of two motorcycles belonging to the criminals.
In a statement made available to journalists over the weekend, the Acting Assistant Director of 6 Brigade Army Public Relations, Oni Olubodunde, mentioned that the forces were quickly deployed to the location and engaged in a brutal shootout with the terrorists.
The statement noted that the soldiers eventually gained the upper hand due to their superior firepower, effectively neutralizing the terrorists and forcing them to retreat in a panicked state, wounded by gunfire.
“Troops continued to explore the success by pursuing the miscreants and arrested two terrorists with their motorcycles, the captured terrorists are currently under custody for interrogation,” the statement said, noting that the commander commended the troops for their bravery and dedication to duty.
“This operation is a testament to the unwavering commitment of our troops to ensure the state is free of kidnapping, banditry and other criminality in our society,” he said.
Olubodunde confirmed that the Brigade will persist in its efforts to eliminate criminal activities in Taraba State.
In a separate incident, the 6 Brigade Jalingo’s Headquarters personnel, during a regular patrol in Jalingo city, encountered a nine-year-old student named Dorothy Kwatsumen roaming around in her school attire in the Gongomaliki region of the Yorro area in Taraba State.
She was eventually located and was found to be a student at Glory Children Academy.
The team then went to the school and spoke with the head teacher, who told them that they had been looking for the child for approximately 24 hours and had reported the incident to the Jalingo Police Division.
The child was then brought back to her family.
-
Latest News1 week agoTinubu Summons 76 Osun APC Leaders Over Ribadu’s Explosive Intelligence Report
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Picks Gbajabiamila, Soludo, Zulum, Others For Canada Investment Mission
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Approves Fresh Civil Service Recruitment Exercise
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Launches ₦216bn Osun–Oyo Road Projects
-
Latest News1 week agoArmy Orders Abuja Residents To Vacate Homes Over Security Threat
-
Latest News1 week agoOkpebholo Sacks SUBEB Chairman, Names Immediate Replacement
-
Latest News6 days agoTinubu Approves New Ports Regulator For Nigeria
-
Latest News2 weeks agoEFCC Moves To Take Over Abubakar Malami-Linked Properties
-
Latest News3 days agoINEC Makes Fresh Announcement After Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Election
-
Latest News2 weeks agoTinubu Announces Rescue Of 308 Kidnap Victims In Massive Security Operation
-
Latest News2 weeks agoWAEC Releases 2026 WASSCE Results, Candidates Can Now Check Scores
-
Latest News6 days agoEdo Gov Reshuffles Cabinet, Creates New Ministry — Full List
